• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When did you give up on Matt Rhule?

40 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

tools to fix the team aren't on it

sam was always the third option at QB, things just didn't work out. Injuries have hampered things, Brady has fallen to earth, etc. it's gone pear shaped; there's nothing that can be done. 

if you wanna blame him for how bad the offense is you have to give him credit for how good the defense is

They could have just stayed with Bridgewater if they wanted a shitty QB. This was an intentional move to get an awful player. And it cost us draft picks. We could have the best defense in football history. It’s not gonna win games when we are this inept on offense. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

I haven't. We don't have the pieces to win. And I'd rather give him time to build a program than start ANOTHER rebuild after 2 years. People need more patience. 

I remember a quote from John Fox from the Super Bowl season documentary. He was talking to a ref on the sideline and the ref was complimenting the fact that the team had a running game that year. Fox said they added running backs and "upgraded the whole line." The ref added that the defense still looked great. Fox said, "Well we addressed that last year, and this year in the off-season we addressed the offense...Hey, it doesn't happen overnight."

And I think that's where we are. We're a season away. We have the punishing defense. We need to "upgrade the line" and need an off-season to "address the offense."

Maybe Sam is just our Rodney Peete. We just need to find our Jake in the off-season as well.

Point is, we're building something. And I'm not nearly bearish on Rhule yet. 

Edited by Captroop
  • Pie 8
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I haven't. We don't have the pieces to win. And I'd rather give him time to build a program than start ANOTHER rebuild after 2 years. People need more patience. 

I remember a quote from John Fox from the Super Bowl season documentary. He was talking to a ref on the sideline and the ref was complimenting the fact that the team had a running game that year. Fox said they added running backs and "upgraded the whole line." The ref added that the defense still looked great. Fox said, "Well we addressed that last year, and this year in the off-season we addressed the offense...Hey, it doesn't happen overnight."

And I think that's where we are. We're a season away. We have the punishing defense. We need to "upgrade the line" and need an off-season to "address the offense."

Maybe Sam is just our Rodney Peete. We just need to find our Jake in the off-season as well.

Where's the evidence they can build a program? We keep making idiotic decisions at QB. We continue to neglect the OL.  Our veteran acquisitions this offseason look awful. Our rookie class looks not great. This team is worse than last year's.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Captroop said:

That quote was from year 2. The year we went to the super bowl.  Fox wasnt 3-4 and losing by 20 to one of the worst teams in football in year 2 of the so-called rebuild.

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 2
  • The D 1

1 minute ago, Captroop said:

I haven't. We don't have the pieces to win. And I'd rather give him time to build a program than state ANOTHER rebuild after 2 years. People need more patience. 

I don’t think Rhule has the ability to successful coach an NFL team right now. His system or “program” just aren’t suited to the professional environment. It’s more of a teaching/mentorship for young highschool kids making their leap into college. I just don’t think he has what it takes to adapt his system successfully to the pros. 

Also his in-game calling is the worst I’ve seen from an NFL head coach in a long time.

I’d rather cut our losses now, than have to rebuild in 2 years again anyways. Sometimes all you need is a good coaching crew to produce the most from your talent. I mean look at Doug Pederson coming in after Chip Kelly. 

• Pie 2

The window from when the last season ended to when this one started.   He lost me there.   I had issues before that but that is where he lost me.  

He isn’t building anything here.  Tepper drastically over-promoted him by giving him this job.  

I thought Fox and Rivera were outdated for the present day NFL.  But they were textbook football guys.  On the field and the locker room.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1