• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC's return

Geronimo

2 hours ago, Geronimo said:

Is anybody even excited about CMC's potential return against the patriots?? I'm not. It almost feels like last year repeating itself.  I mean the dude could realistically get injured again for another month. How many chances do we give him? 

CMC is a special player, no denying it.  However, if he isn't playing the majority of games due to injuries, he's not much use to the team.  Panthers need to seriously consider any offers that involve high picks or players in positions of need.  

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 12:42 AM, NanuqoftheNorth said:

CMC is a special player, no denying it.  However, if he isn't playing the majority of games due to injuries, he's not much use to the team.  Panthers need to seriously consider any offers that involve high picks or players in positions of need.  

I am a CMC fan but I fully agree that we should trade him when healthy and use money paid him on other players. The Panthers should never have paid him the salary that they did since the playing life of a RB is short due to all the hits they take.

• Beer 1

Sorry guys, but CMC is not tradeable until the end of next year, at the earliest and he's more likely to be cut than traded. Here's why:

image.thumb.png.0b3cffd3fbb1a01618534d95ae8a004a.png

If the Panthers traded him after this season, they would incur a $26,638,000 dead cap hit. In other words, it just isn't happening.

If they cut or trade him after 2022, the cap hit is $12,828,500 which isn't great, but it's not $26M either.\

BTW, running backs don't return high draft picks, especially if they miss a ton of games in a two-year span.