• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did they see in Darnold?

GoobyPls

15 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

How many criteria  are you going to come up with to make a point .

Does it have to be on every 3rd sunday in August on a leap year for it to be similar situation??

When you have to go as deep as well this guy didn't start right away or he had to do it for 3 years and it had to happen every 4th sunday in a month..

Your point isn't made..

Again agree to disagree..

Seems like you are generally moving the goalposts to try to make your point.

The fact is, Sam Darnold is exactly who he has been his entire NFL career. It was painfully obvious that he struggled with making decisions, my God, there were plenty of fuging articles on it.

We just ignored all of that and dumped draft picks to watch him do the same thing here.

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Doesn't scream high risk either..

Low risk was the saints picking up Jameis. 

Low risk was the Pata picking up Cam. 

Low risk was Denver picking up Teddy. 

Giving up multiple picks and picking up the fifth year option on a player who had been the worst in their position over the last three years is high risk and poor decision making. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Call Me James said:

Giving up multiple picks and picking up the fifth year option on a player who had been the worst in their position over the last three years is high risk and poor decision making. 

Exactly. It isn't like there were other NFL teams beating down the doors to get him.

fug me....the Eagles got a far better player in Garner Minshew for a fuging 6th round draft pick. Now THAT is a low risk trade. 

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Exactly. It isn't like there were other NFL teams beating down the doors to get him.

fug me....the Eagles got a far better player in Garner Minshew for a fuging 6th round draft pick. Now THAT is a low risk trade. 

Facts. Considering what Minshew went for its crazy we didn't even hedge there. It was clear neither PJ nor Grier looked like NFL starting QBs. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Seems like you are generally moving the goalposts to try to make your point.

The fact is, Sam Darnold is exactly who he has been his entire NFL career. It was painfully obvious that he struggled with making decisions, my God, there were plenty of fuging articles on it.

We just ignored all of that and dumped draft picks to watch him do the same thing here.

I'm moving the goalposts really??

I'm not coming up with 18 criteria or 30 reason why this and that happened.. 

The primus stays the same for me.. 

Players have gone on to other teams and had success even when they sucked on the original team that drafted...

Taking a low risk move on a talented that sucked on a different team has been done and worked for other teams...

I'm not adding that this guy only threw 4 passes for the original team.. Meaning he sucked so bad he couldn't even get on the field for that team.. But Greenbay with little tape traded for him and Farve succeed... 

I'm not adding on stipulation to why Steve young and Doug Williams got better getting away from Tampa...

Coming up with criteria for this that is goalpost moving..

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We were bidding against ourselves for Darnold. That is the truth.

There were reports that other teams were interested in Darnold as well. And if a bidding against myself only loses a 2nd round pick I'm cool with that...

17 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

You gave up a 2nd 4th and 6th round pick.. The latter 2 have been replaced already.. 

You didn't give up 3 1st round picks up...

You can still build a team without 1 years 2nd round pick... 

Reality check with this teams history we've been playing without quality 2nd round picks for YEARS!!!

And I'm fuging tired of Garder Minshew being the saviour to this board..

I swear this place fall in love with the most untalented players ever and put them on a pedestal...lol

Minshew is going to become Doug Foultie the more he rides the bench for 6 different teams around here..

Edited by WOW!!

Tepper , Rhule are gambling and losing. They think they’re card sharks and they aren’t. Rhule has showed me enough I think. He needs to go back to college. 

It’s not Darnold’s fault he was brought here. But he’s a backup in the NFL and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

Troy Aikman looks like he’s stoned 24/7 but he was 10000% correct the other night when he said the teams that win a lot have difference makers at QB

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

There were reports that other teams were interested in Darnold as well. And if a bidding against myself only loses a 2nd round pick I'm cool with that...

It was a 2nd, 4th and 6th. That is a lot more than nothing, which was what Darnold was worth. Turns out, the 6th rounder was the actual value. 

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Players have gone on to other teams and had success even when they sucked on the original team that drafted...

Taking a low risk move on a talented that sucked on a different team has been done and worked for other teams...

I'm not adding that this guy only threw 4 passes for the original team.. Meaning he sucked so bad he couldn't even get on the field for that team.. But Greenbay with little tape traded for him and Farve succeed... 

I'm not adding on stipulation to why Steve young and Doug Williams got better getting away from Tampa...

It wasn't low risk. All you had to do was look at film and see that. It was obvious. This guy is not an NFL caliber player.

Not to mention, the history of reclamation bust QB projects is extremely bad. This was yet another in a pile of failures with almost no successes. 

Yes, you kept moving the goalposts during the argument. 

Look, it was a massive mistake. It was an obviously massive mistake. Why is there any need to even defend it?

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

And I'm fuging tired of Garder Minshew being the saviour to this board..

I swear this place fall in love with the most untalented players ever and put them on a pedestal...lol

Minshew is going to become Doug Foultie the more he rides the bench for 6 different teams around here..

Savior? We are just accurately pointing out that he is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Sam Darnold. 

• Beer 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Yes, QBs that sucked horrifically have occasionally gone on to play elsewhere and find success. 

But you ignore the fact that that your examples needed years to improve to get a that second chance they earned.    Then you alter your point of saying well if Denver took a risk on Peyton Manning’s injury then it’s the same thing as taking a risk on Sam Darnold. 

Acknowledging the long journey Doug and Steve had for the second chance to occur….isn’t moving the goalpost.  It’s simply pointing out a new team didn’t take a chance on them right after being horrible for years.   They earned the chance for the opportunity.  That meant time away to actually improve.   

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1