• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did they see in Darnold?

GoobyPls

12 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't know if it's ghosts or he just can't process NFL level speed fast enough, but something is definitely off upstairs. 

I'm afraid it's the latter.

7 TD, 8 INT, 77.5 RTG, 41.7 QBR, 21 sacks >> for Sam.

13 TD, 3 INT, 102.4 RTG, 62.3 QBR, 11 sacks...

...any guesses on the 2nd line?

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It was a 2nd, 4th and 6th. That is a lot more than nothing, which was what Darnold was worth. Turns out, the 6th rounder was the actual value. 

It wasn't low risk. All you had to do was look at film and see that. It was obvious. This guy is not an NFL caliber player.

Not to mention, the history of reclamation bust QB projects is extremely bad. This was yet another in a pile of failures with almost no successes. 

Yes, you kept moving the goalposts during the argument. 

Look, it was a massive mistake. It was an obviously massive mistake. Why is there any need to even defend it?

Because it's a mistake due to the results as of now... 

You have your opinion I'll have mine.. I will never fault the attempt at not being mediocre... A 2nd 4th and 6th round pick isn't great risk to me... You can still build a team missing one year of a 2nd 4th and 6th round pick... We just traded a 2nd round pick after 2 years and nobody was crying like it destroyed the team...

I'm sorry but agree to disagree..

Sometimes you gamble and lose.. It happens..

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Yes, QBs that sucked horrifically have occasionally gone on to play elsewhere and find success. 

But you ignore the fact that that your examples needed years to improve to get a that second chance they earned.    Then you alter your point of saying well if Denver took a risk on Peyton Manning’s injury then it’s the same thing as taking a risk on Sam Darnold. 

Acknowledging the long journey Doug and Steve had for the second chance to occur….isn’t moving the goalpost.  It’s simply pointing out a new team didn’t take a chance on them right after being horrible for years.   They earned the chance for the opportunity.  That meant time away to actually improve.   

Cool but that didn't happen.. There plan didn't work alot of things have happened to effect that... If Cmc is healthy this is a different situation.. If the WR's play at the level we  thought they would maybe this is a different discussion...

But reality is they gambled and their losing...

You still won't convince me that is was a completely stupid plan and with some luck it wouldn't have worked...

4 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Cool but that didn't happen.. There plan didn't work alot of things have happened to effect that... If Cmc is healthy this is a different situation.. If the WR's play at the level we  thought they would maybe this is a different discussion...

But reality is they gambled and their losing...

You still won't convince me that is was a completely stupid plan and with some luck it wouldn't have worked...

Results business, bro. If you aren’t getting wins then it’s a failure. You don’t get credit for “trying” in the NFL. Giving up 3 draft picks for a terrible QB was a mistake. Being so reliant on CMC again was a mistake. Not trying to build the offensive line with any decent players was a mistake. Sending another two draft picks for corners who will likely have no impact on the team was a mistake. Extending Robby and drafting another receiver in round 2 was a mistake.

Of course everyone is trying to win. You shouldn’t get credit for trying if your decisions on roster building turn out to be worse than 99% of your competitors. That just means you’re bad at your job. 

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Because it's a mistake due to the results as of now... 

You have your opinion I'll have mine.. I will never fault the attempt at not being mediocre... A 2nd 4th and 6th round pick isn't great risk to me... You can still build a team missing one year of a 2nd 4th and 6th round pick... We just traded a 2nd round pick after 2 years and nobody was crying like it destroyed the team...

I'm sorry but agree to disagree..

Sometimes you gamble and lose.. It happens..

Fair enough.

11 hours ago, Rubi said:

Tepper , Rhule are gambling and losing. They think they’re card sharks and they aren’t. Rhule has showed me enough I think. He needs to go back to college. 

It’s not Darnold’s fault he was brought here. But he’s a backup in the NFL and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

Troy Aikman looks like he’s stoned 24/7 but he was 10000% correct the other night when he said the teams that win a lot have difference makers at QB

A Backup?

Tell me....What GM is going to trade or acquire a dumpster fire like Sam after what he's shown?  

I mean....it's at a point where Sam would be better off changing Positions.

For example, I know I said this before as a joke but....perhaps becoming a Tight-end or something in order to remain in the NFL would be the way to go.

'cause being an NFL QB apparently ain't it for him but he's still a damn good athlete(and he had played other positions earlier in his life) so it could work playing another position.     Just throwing that out there.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by glenwo2

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, we will never know since we didn't get him.

Cool .. You can act like Menshiew is some secret talented player.. I'm not he is a career backup at best and pretty much a bridge who will lose and hopefully put you in position to get a better QB..

My opinion..

Just now, WOW!! said:

Cool .. You can act like Menshiew is some secret talented player.. I'm not he is a career backup at best and pretty much a bridge who will lose and hopefully put you in position to get a better QB..

My opinion..

I just want not a pile of poo. Darnold is a pile of poo. We had a lot of non-pile of poo options and instead we traded WAAAAAY too much for a pile of poo.

That is my rub. fug it, give me Tryod, give me Fitzmagic, give me any number of journeyman or young QB's over Darnold. He would have been close to the last QB I would want. fug it, I think Trubisky is a bust too but I would have rather had him.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1