• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhules' QB clusterfick

cranky

Just now, Jon Snow said:

He did say that when they hired Fitt he did so because he needed someone who could evaluate talent,  whatever that's worth.  I wonder if he will let someone actually do that over letting his gut feelings get in the way.  Don't trust the gut.

But I remember reading how Rhule was watching tape of the Jets and became so enamored with Darnold that he "walked down the hallway and asked Fitt to get him" or something to that affect. That sounds like it was all on him.

56 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Should have stuck with Teddy and let him be the Bridge (heck it's in his name) until you find an upgrade at Qb.

If you want to talk about 'should have', what we should have done is not sign Bridgewater, go with Grier or PJ in 2020 and then had our pick of Lawrence, Wilson, Fields and Lance in the Top 5 of the draft.

1 minute ago, cranky said:

But I remember reading how Rhule was watching tape of the Jets and became so enamored with Darnold that he "walked down the hallway and asked Fitt to get him" or something to that affect. That sounds like it was all on him.

No, it was actually Snow that brought Darnold up when he was watching tape on the Jets. The team wasn't even considering Darnold until then.  

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

No, it was actually Snow that brought Darnold up when he was watching tape on the Jets. The team wasn't even considering Darnold until then.  

This is what I read:

"At one point, Panthers head coach Matt Rhule was watching a New York Jets tape and was impressed with Darnold. He went into Fitterer’s office and wondered if Darnold might be available via trade. Darnold had had a terrible statistical year for the 2-14 Jets in 2020, after all."

https://newsbrig.com/the-real-story-behind-why-sam-darnold-became-panthers-qb-instead-of-deshaun-watson/429356/

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

If you want to talk about 'should have', what we should have done is not sign Bridgewater, go with Grier or PJ in 2020 and then had our pick of Lawrence, Wilson, Fields and Lance in the Top 5 of the draft.

Nah I don't have any faith in this coaching staff selecting the right rookie Qb or developing him.

Heck they thought they could develop Sam Donald, I'll rather get a proven vet like Stafford or Watson. You saw a vet like Teddy even with his limited physical skills mask their incompetence to as we were competitive in a rebuilding year.  Now this season we're getting blown off the field by 1 win teams. 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

lol at this board. What this board thinks versus the reality of how and why… not even close 

lol I'm not even sure what your trying to say. Am I off about Rhule not wanting either of them? I thought Rhule had final say in all personnel decisions? 

5 minutes ago, cranky said:

This is what I read:

"At one point, Panthers head coach Matt Rhule was watching a New York Jets tape and was impressed with Darnold. He went into Fitterer’s office and wondered if Darnold might be available via trade. Darnold had had a terrible statistical year for the 2-14 Jets in 2020, after all."

https://newsbrig.com/the-real-story-behind-why-sam-darnold-became-panthers-qb-instead-of-deshaun-watson/429356/

That may have been after Snow mentioned him to Rhule.  Either way it was Rhule who decided to take on that insurmountable reclamation project.  It was a bad call without a backup plan.  Unless the plan was to go as far as Darnold could take them and hope for the best.

If I didn't know better I would think they are tanking for______.  Insert QB or LT of your choice. 

Edited by Jon Snow