• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport believes Watson will be traded before the deadline

t96

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

We're gonna be rooting for a Creepy Perv (at best)...Sexual Assaulter(at worst)...

200.gif'

Am I doing it right? 😐

I don’t give a poo bro. He’s an amazing QB. I’m not the morality police. 

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, joemac said:

I don’t give a poo bro. He’s an amazing QB. I’m not the morality police. 

Neither am I but Image is everything.

And not many fans(especially female fans) would appreciate such a signing.

And before you say "who cares about the Female fans?", I'd say Tepper would care since he's all about the bottom line and sh-t. 

That's why I hope that he's doing his due diligence here and praying at the same time that somehow...some way....This whole thing with Watson blows over and doesn't result in anything aside from a stern talking to by the League...

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I doubt he has a "significant" chance of being behind bars. Anyone saying that is way overblowing this. Watson is not facing criminal charges, and if he were going to face criminal charges, the law would've likely already charged him. If this is like most of these situations, he'll likely get a a number of games off after all this crap is settled. 

When it comes to the amount of assets and capital the team would be investing in the player, anything more than like a 1% chance is significant, frankly.

It took Bill Cosby 10+ years to get charged criminally, then he spent multiple years in prison, despite being screwed over and finally released. Watson spending time in prison at some point is not at all far fetched.

• Beer 1

I honestly think it was way convenient for all this to surface the minute he requested a trade and the first one to come forward was a masseuse recommended by the team. Now the truth of the matter is now they want settlements and Watson refused to settle because he is still proclaiming his innocence, the other side can’t prove anything so it’s a stalemate. With the information that’s available I will not judge Watson until there is proof he did something wrong. With more than one team trying to trade for him I would imagine there is no there there.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Panfan35 said:

I honestly think it was way convenient for all this to surface the minute he requested a trade and the first one to come forward was a masseuse recommended by the team. Now the truth of the matter is now they want settlements and Watson refused to settle because he is still proclaiming his innocence, the other side can’t prove anything so it’s a stalemate. With the information that’s available I will not judge Watson until there is proof he did something wrong. With more than one team trying to trade for him I would imagine there is no there there.

Yup. Not to mention to opposing attorney is next door neighbors to a team front office official. 

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

When it comes to the amount of assets and capital the team would be investing in the player, anything more than like a 1% chance is significant, frankly.

It took Bill Cosby 10+ years to get charged criminally, then he spent multiple years in prison, despite being screwed over and finally released. Watson spending time in prison at some point is not at all far fetched.

This is not even close to the same situation as Cosby. 

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Neither am I but Image is everything.

And not many fans(especially female fans) would appreciate such a signing.

And before you say "who cares about the Female fans?", I'd say Tepper would care since he's all about the bottom line and sh-t. 

That's why I hope that he's doing his due diligence here and praying at the same time that somehow...some way....This whole thing with Watson blows over and doesn't result in anything aside from a stern talking to by the League...

oh wow, what will the Panthers do without the 5% of the fan base that is women (as if all women would even care)

you know what fixes that? winning. Watson is the best available QB that gives Carolina a chance at winning big. it’s that simple.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1