• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who wants to go on record and IN FAVOR of trading the farm for Watson?

TheBigKat

Do you want us to Trade for Watson  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Trade the Farm for Watson?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Source for "a guy that likely won't be able to play in 2021 or 2022" ???

tell me how he plays? Only reason he isn't on the exempt list right now is because the Texans have done it for the NFL.    He isn't going to play this year if traded. 

And next year is when all the court stuff goes down.  And then eventually the NFL will suspend him for games.  And we can't even guess how many that will be because we don't know what the current eviroment will dictate it to be.  This is a long way from being over for Watson.   

So yeah, you are trading away all that draft capital to finally get a full season from him in 2023.  And then you don't even know if you would want to pull for him and be the face of your team when the time comes.....

just not worth it.  But yeah, he can ball. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

If he’s innocent yes.

if he’s guilty yes on some condition that he do community service, public speaking engagements, etc. something actionable and genuine. 

I think this idea.  These are real, tangible things he can do to hopefully repair his image.  Even if the allegations all turn out to be B.S., he probably needs to consider doing these things anyways.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

tell me how he plays? Only reason he isn't on the exempt list right now is because the Texans have done it for the NFL.    He isn't going to play this year if traded. 

And next year is when all the court stuff goes down.  And then eventually the NFL will suspend him for games.  And we can't even guess how many that will be because we don't know what the current eviroment will dictate it to be.  This is a long way from being over for Watson.   

So yeah, you are trading away all that draft capital to finally get a full season from him in 2023.  And then you don't even know if you would want to pull for him and be the face of your team when the time comes.....

just not worth it.  But yeah, he can ball. 

I don't think that is necessarily true.  Ian Rappaport came out this morning and said the league has no intentions of placing him on the Exempt List or suspending him.  I would imagine Ian has asked people in the NFL offices about this, and that was their reply...

• Pie 1

It really just depends, there is a fine line where the risk outweighs the potential reward. He's an elite talent at the most important position in the league on one hand, on the other hand he could theoretically never play another down in this league and wind up behind bars.

Ideally if we're trading for him all the picks would be conditional based on his availability and all of our top tier young players would be off limits (Burns, Brown, DJ, Chinn, Horn, McC, etc.)

So, I'm not adamantly against trading for Watson, I just don't want to give up the farm for him, like the Texans seem to be asking for. Just too much uncertainty and risk involved. It seems to make sense for all parties to wait out the legal process and wait for his situation to be much more certain. But I guess there are a lot of impatient people all around.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

What in the world has given you any indication that he will be suspended for the rest of this year AND next year?

what in the world leads you to believe the commisioner won't put him on the exempt list this year if a team attempted to play him? No need for the exempt list when Hou did it themselves.  

and yeah, same applies next year.  That's when the court stuff is going to come up.  Once it all settles?  He will get suspended next year.  Even if not guility of the worst accusations?  He is getting suspended for his actions. How many games? Can't predict that. 

That makes his first full season 2023.   

• Pie 2

I mean .. the only question I have to those who want Watson is … you trying to ruin this guy’s playing career? Carolina, you’ve virtually always had a piss poor offensive line, and some of you want to bring in a guy who’s torn his ACL twice? Who has an astronomical contract? Who would cost ample draft capital? When we already need more as it is?

• Pie 1