• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who wants to go on record and IN FAVOR of trading the farm for Watson?

TheBigKat

Do you want us to Trade for Watson  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Trade the Farm for Watson?

• Yes
    • No

12 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Only if there are conditions. Those conditions being we get picks back for time missed and picks back for players traded if he misses time. 

Say we trade a 1,1,1, a 3 and Robby Anderson, and Dante Jackson. 

We value Robby at a 4 and Jackson at a 2. 

If he misses no time over 2 years it’s solid. If he misses say a season we get half back. If he misses 2 years we get 75% back. If he’s out longer than that it’s all back. If he misses half a season we get 25% back.

Only way I’m doing it.

Houston…

fuck that ice cube GIF

• Beer 1

Even if he didn't have all of this baggage, its a bad idea.. How do you fix a line with 1 competent NFL caliber player with little cap room and no draft picks? 

Darnold has been garbage, but the line is head and shoulders the biggest problem on this team- and there is no apparent solution. 

21 hours ago, Hugo said:

I would do it if it didn't include CMC. Trading our only star would be a massive mistake. You don't win championship without stars. Brian Burns is not a star. DJ Moore is not a star. CMC is. You keep him and build around him and Deshaun if any trade goes through. 

Your stars can't help you if they aren't on the field. Watson could still playing high level quarterback in a decade. The chances CMC is still a high level RB in a decade are almost zero. If this were the only consideration, I'd do CMC for Watson, no problem. 

But the situation is far more complicated than that.

23 hours ago, WOW!! said:

At this point I'm in apathy...

I'm not going to stop being a Panthers fan if they do or don't..

My favorite Panther alltime beat the poo out of ppl and got away with it.. And still will be in HOF discussion..

So I can't play moral authority here..

This is me 100%. It is what it is..

I'll cheer for anyone under center. 

47 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Your stars can't help you if they aren't on the field. Watson could still playing high level quarterback in a decade. The chances CMC is still a high level RB in a decade are almost zero. If this were the only consideration, I'd do CMC for Watson, no problem. 

But the situation is far more complicated than that.

So your trade the player that has the best work ethic on the team, who is also the #1 leader for a guy who has allegations?! This would be a major shift in terms of locker room chemistry, and one that we should not make. If we're getting Deshaun, we need CMC. DJ Moore is not a leader. We lack massive leadership on offense.

Also, about those injuries. It's too soon to call CMC injury prone. It's not too soon to say that this coaching staff is clueless when it comes to preventing injuries though. The strain could have been avoided. 

10 minutes ago, Hugo said:

So your trade the player that has the best work ethic on the team, who is also the #1 leader for a guy who has allegations?! This would be a major shift in terms of locker room chemistry, and one that we should not make. If we're getting Deshaun, we need CMC. DJ Moore is not a leader. We lack massive leadership on offense.

Also, about those injuries. It's too soon to call CMC injury prone. It's not too soon to say that this coaching staff is clueless when it comes to preventing injuries though. The strain could have been avoided. 

McCaffrey will have missed 18 of 24 games with injuries since he signed his big deal. He can't help you from the sideline and his "leadership" hasn't seem to have helped much as they've lost the last four games.

Just to state my position clearly: Without the allegations, it's a no-brainer to do CMC for Watson. The allegations make the whole situation complicated.

Edited by trueblade

On 10/25/2021 at 3:17 PM, firefox1234 said:

Too much for a player with serious off the field question marks. I would prefer a more slow but structured rebuild not the mess we’re doing at the moment.

Don't you think u panthers have gambled enough? I say no. Draft one's wait til the dust clears.