• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers HC's - Winning % Through First Two Seasons

kungfoodude

39 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

To be fair when we wanted a better coach than John Fox we weren't thinking like go the other way.

I mean Fox wasn't a poo show just too conservative but he's looking like a HoFer for real compared to lately.

Fox was a pretty awful coach his last 3 years here.

The pass defense was god awful in 2008 because for some reason all of our CBs had to play 30 yards off the receiver.  Ken Lucas should have been benched.  Delhomme looked horrible, but I can get why they stuck with him... until the playoff game, when he should have been benched at halftime.

2009, Fox allowed Delhomme to single-handedly destroy a Super Bowl caliber team until it was too late.  

2010, Fox gave up.  Then again, maybe I'd give up to if my QB was Jimmy Clausen.

Not saying Rhule has been perfect, and Rivera wasn't.  But I'd argue Fox's refusal to move on from Delhomme and then mentally checking out in 2010 is worse than anything those guys have done (so far).

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, SingleMalt said:

So I’m supposed to be concerned with our coaches record DURING a rebuild.

nah……I’ll wait

The problem isn't the rebuild. 

The problem is the apparent regression. Matt Rhule legitimately looks lost. He doesn't know what he's doing. This is as big of an implosion as we've ever had. 

The entire coaching staff is incompetent. That's the problem. Whose decision was it to pick up Darnold's 5th year option before he played a down for us? Whose decision was it to pay Robby that much money? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mage said:

Fox was a pretty awful coach his last 3 years here.

The pass defense was god awful in 2008 because for some reason all of our CBs had to play 30 yards off the receiver.  Ken Lucas should have been benched.  Delhomme looked horrible, but I can get why they stuck with him... until the playoff game, when he should have been benched at halftime.

2009, Fox allowed Delhomme to single-handedly destroy a Super Bowl caliber team until it was too late.  

2010, Fox gave up.

Not saying Rhule has been perfect, and Rivera wasn't.  But I'd argue Fox's refusal to move on from Delhomme and then mentally checking out in 2010 is worse than anything those guys have done (so far).

At least the DBs don't play 555 yards off the WR i'll give you that.

He was a lame duck coach so can't really blame him there it was a cheap JR move so the players knew to play for their future since the HC wasn't going to be around next year, it's why you don't see that stupid poo.

CAR 2008 12 4 0 .750 1st in NFC South 0 1 .000 Lost to Arizona Cardinals in NFC Divisional Game
CAR 2009 8 8 0 .500 3rd in NFC South - - - -
CAR 2010 2 14 0 .125 4th in NFC South - - - -

This was his last 3 years. TBH we really have to look in hindsight at JR more now that we know his whole thing. I can't imagine anyone knowing what they know now and not seeing that it was JR who kept Jake around by way of Hurney.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Mage said:

2010, Fox gave up.  Then again, maybe I'd give up to if my QB was Jimmy Clausen.

He was on the last year of a contract in a clear tank season.  He thought he was a lame duck coach, and he was right.  I agree with everything else though.

Fox got the Panthers into the Super Bowl in 2 seasons, but I think the league passed him by.  He wasn't nearly as good later on with Denver.