• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady on the hot seat.

Zod

Just now, glenwo2 said:

I think Tepper used more...."colorful" language to Rhule like "You better f*cking get this ship righted NOW or your ass is grass and I'm the Lawnmower, bitch!"

I would give up two seats to any remaining games to sit through that meeting with an alcohol drink in my hand. Hell, take the rest my tickets this year.

• Flames 1

22 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I think Brady could stand to get better, but I don’t know if it would be the right move to can him yet. I think Brady has realized he can’t do what he wants or needs to do with Darnold.

Yeah he should get a chance with OL and/or QB upgrades and a healthy McCaffrey 

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, chbright said:

Could it be Joey B was saved by 2 guys: Joe Burrow @ LSU and Sean Payton @ NOLA?

No, not saved...  but I do believe having an entire offense of playmakers that went between the 1st and 2nd rounds certainly made him look a lot better than he is.

No coincidence Ogeron was dismissed possibly quicker than any other head coach after winning a championship in the modern era, either...  I just think they had a ton of great NFL talent that carried them.

And all that I do know is, Brady is not an NFL coach or coordinator at this point in his career.  And I say that as possibly his biggest advocate before we hired him...  it's just surprising because from what I read, he really did make the majority of their calls that really mattered there, but I guess the talent discrepancy was just that big in LSU's favor.

• Pie 2

I’m really not opposed to Rhule or Sean Ryan calling the offense. Look at Sean Ryan’s resume. He has coached Eli Manning, Deshaun Watson, and Matthew Stafford. He’s also been in the league a while and coached multiple positions.

I really think the only reason Joe Brady hasn’t been canned is because it would derail his career. 

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

I’m really not opposed to Rhule or Sean Ryan calling the offense. Look at Sean Ryan’s resume. He has coached Eli Manning, Deshaun Watson, and Matthew Stafford. He’s also been in the league a while and coached multiple positions.

I really think the only reason Joe Brady hasn’t been canned is because it would derail his career. 

03F8FCC0-79EB-4FA4-8D14-497220E5CA4C.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

No, not saved...  but I do believe having an entire offense of playmakers that went between the 1st and 2nd rounds certainly made him look a lot better than he is.

No coincidence Ogeron was dismissed possibly quicker than any other head coach after winning a championship in the modern era, either...  I just think they had a ton of great NFL talent that carried them.

And all that I do know is, Brady is not an NFL coach or coordinator at this point in his career.  And I say that as possibly his biggest advocate before we hired him...  it's just surprising because from what I read, he really did make the majority of their calls that really mattered there, but I guess the talent discrepancy was just that big in LSU's favor.

Burrow is tearing it up now in only his second season. They also had Edwards-Helaire and Justin Jefferson. The talent level on that offense was insane and way above almost anyone they played that season. Pretty much anybody could have called plays for that group to succeed.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Biggest difference is at LSU, they were one of, if not the highest percentage team in the country of only leaving 5 in to block. Opened up so much in his scheme to have 5 route-runners, including a stellar route-running back in CEH. 

Now he's got a bottom 5 OL in the league and, without CMC, a totally useless pass catching backfield. Oh yeah and a QB who probably eats crayons for breakfast. 

• Pie 2

Besides Teddy being captain check down and choking in the clutch last season, our offense in 2020 was not bad. Last year, our passing game revolved around quicker and short passes with slant routes and drag routes in spread formations. Sorta similar to the Saints offense. Robby was more effective last year with having a majority of catches last year from quicker routes and yards after catch along with Curtis being money on third downs.

This year, it seems that we are running longer developing routes combined with our poor offensive line and Darnold decision making.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1