• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you?

Cdparr7

1 hour ago, joemac said:

They’re also worth Shaq Thompson, Vernon Butler and Kelvin Benjamin 

Don't think it's fair to put a team leader and one of our current best Defensive players in the same category as those scrubs. Come on, people seem to hate the guy just because of his contract.

Edited by BlackPanther21_

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

You realize this is a thread about a trade for him, correct? Or are you that fuging dumb?

Did you think this was a Texans forum?

I said his contract is huge as it stands right now.  It is a huge risk.  I can’t type English any better for you.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I said his contract is huge as it stands right now.  It is a huge risk.  I can’t type English any better for you.

You can try backpedaling all you want but in the context of this thread your post makes absolutely zero sense. Why the fug would we care what the Texans are on the hook for next season in a trade thread?

Just admit you had no idea about the NFL salary cap and how it works.

• Poo 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

You can try backpedaling all you want but in the context of this thread your post makes absolutely zero sense. Why the fug would we care what the Texans are on the hook for next season in a trade thread?

Just admit you had no idea about the NFL salary cap and how it works.

You are so smart…I will let you have your moment.  Enjoy it

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

I would rather invest that draft pick into a new QB, and the left over money into OL to protect him. Or vice/versa. That would be most logical...

I am not against the idea of investing draft capital in a QB but we had that chance in 2021 and passed. We spent money in 2021 to try and protect Darnold but it was unwisely spent. So, what do you propose to do in 2022?

Just now, ForJimmy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article248056035.html

This article claims he would be a $35 million cap hit in 2022 if traded. Throw in Darnold’s $18 from that terrible decision and that’s a lot of money at the QB position… 

I wish it was $18. That would be getting what we paid for.

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article248056035.html

This article claims he would be a $35 million cap hit in 2022 if traded. Throw in Darnold’s $18 from that terrible decision and that’s a lot of money at the QB position… 

Right so use the money/picks to build around Darnold or draft a QB to compete with him. And still use the money for an OL. Logical route.