• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

do we think the watson trade is announced today (10/26)

DJ feed me moore

yes or no  

127 members have voted

1. 1. watson trade today

• yes he is traded to the panthers/dolphins today
    • no he is not traded today

3 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Good point, I’m no expert on salaries but it looks like we’d be picking up 10 million plus this year and 30 million plus thereafter. So the most obvious way to clear up the most cap space would be packaging CMC and a ton of picks for Watson and they take Darnolds contract. 

You can always make Houston take Some Of the salary for this year. It happens all the time. 

Darnold will definitely have to be a part of the deal. Rhule wouldn’t take a rookie QB in the draft because he didn’t want to have Darnold be uncomfortable competing for the job. I don’t see how Rhule can bring Watson in and keep Darnold. 

Edited by Squid Game

4 hours ago, TDGone said:

Just a conspiracy do any of you think that CMC is part of the trade and that’s why he’s been out over a month with . 5 hamstring when he should have been back 2 weeks ago ? Or for Watson to come to us would he want CMC still on the team since he has final say we’re he is traded to.

CMC should be one of the few reasons why Watson would want to come here. This OL is pathetic. If there’s no CMC and I’m Watson, I would just sit out the rest of the season in Houston. Start again in the offseason when more teams should want to get involve. 

5 hours ago, TDGone said:

Just a conspiracy do any of you think that CMC is part of the trade and that’s why he’s been out over a month with . 5 hamstring when he should have been back 2 weeks ago ? Or for Watson to come to us would he want CMC still on the team since he has final say we’re he is traded to.

If we get Watson AND keep CMC, those two contracts on offense would likely mean we can’t afford a better OL or players like Moore.  Plus we lose draft capital which would be the path to roll in rookies at key positions as alternative 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Today makes senses because (unless you play Thursday) you get nearly a full week to get some practice reps in. With the Texans playing the Dolphins I wonder if it’s today for Carolina or next week for Miami. Honestly watch him still be a Texan after the deadline…

I’m pretty sure they play the dolphins on the 7th and the deadline is the 2nd? Not totally sure.

1 hour ago, Squid Game said:

Bring him in early so he can learn the playbook and play vs New England. 

He won't be playing. I'm guessing he will be suspended at least the rest of this season the second he is activated. Depending on what this "investigation" yields and when it ends they may take some of his next year as well.