• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers owe the fans an explanation why Sam Darnold was the only potential starting QB on the roster this season. 

hepcat

41 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Why not both?

It’s only a matter of time before you start hearing about Taylor Moton getting “fat and lazy” on here. I bet it’s already been said.

Youll never see that said of Darnold. It’s hard getting folks to admit he doesn’t have it between the ears…

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 4

3 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

No they don't and I'm about sick of this topic. We focused our energy on defense the past couple of off seasons. They knew they didn't have an offensive line. The only real QB options to trade for were Darnold and Matt Stafford. We had a trade for Stafford but he wanted to be in LA. I promise you we would have gotten Watson had it not been for his legal battles. No real other options besides Darnold. I thought it was a smart move to to see what he has for a year or 2. No QB is doing anything behind this Oline anyways so why bring in more guys. Might as well see what we have. He looked great the first 3 games but no QB in the league can survive this Oline with no CMC. Not a single one. I think we are playing in smart and will fix the offensive problems next offseason. Im so sick of the drama queens on here that think they know how to run and NFL team. 

A better qb could survive

Check down wide open

The Panthers are a community property. While there is an owner, EVERYTHING is based on the community also owning (fandom) and supporting the franchise financially. The city(you) is a partner in that franchise. If you weren't NFL owners wouldn't be asking for public financing come stadium building time.

They ARE beholden to you. Act like it! Demand better!

They could have hired a veteran backup like say Josh McCown. Who is probably still better than any QB on the roster.

The moves being made don't compute if you're trying to win a long season.

Remember, Cam always had a legit veteran backup in Derrick Anderson. I don't see why they wouldn't have a veteran backup unless they are again, trying to lose.

7 hours ago, hepcat said:

Guess the Panthers believe in going all in and not hedging their bets. Thought a hedge fund manager would know better than that. Now his team’s stadium will either be empty of full of opposing team’s fans because no one wants to watch Sam Darnold dance around the pocket not throwing to open receivers because he’s a shook failure. 

Hedge fund managers are aggressive not conservative. But he’s the owner, not the GM. Darnold hasn’t lived up to expectations, but you could say this about everyone on offense. It’s an absolute cluster fug and there’s some kind of underlying issues not being addressed. 

6 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Youll never see that said of Darnold. It’s hard getting folks to admit he doesn’t have it between the ears…

I think certain labels are unfairly used on people but there's gotta be some better examples of the double standard than Darnold... There's no possible way you could call Darnold fat and lazy.  About all he is good for is actually putting in effort, it just doesn't show anywhere because he's bad.

A huge portion of the posters on this forum have already concluded Darnolds problem is between the ears and he isn't making decisions fast enough and is just a bad player... He's the same guy he's always been unfortunately...

1 hour ago, Call Me James said:

I'm just thinking back on the play calling during the preseason everyone thought was okay because we weren't trying to tip our hand and just run basic concepts.

Turns out, we did tip our hand with those basic concepts. 

The amount of mental gymnastics that went on here during the preseason was hilarious.

10 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:
A better qb could survive

Check down wide open

...Seems he overlooks the wide open receiver a lot... trying to make the spectacular play. He is very careless with the ball. Its too bad because I think he has the physical attributes. People bitch about the check down but if it moves the chains wgaf...

Edited by Pimpdaddy