• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers owe the fans an explanation why Sam Darnold was the only potential starting QB on the roster this season. 

hepcat

I dont even pay people any mind who dont want to call this crap out. You cant defend this bone headed staff forever. That includes the new GM. The panthers have basically squandered multiple draft picks in a matter of a couple months. 2nd and 4th gone down the drain after just 7 games from darnold. They dont deseve any leeway.

• Flames 3

No explanation needed, they are terrible at their jobs because they thought Sam was not who he is on years of tape. Not for free through free agency on a 1 year contract, multiple picks. They did it last year with Teddy and now they are 0 for 2. He is basically a rookie, they were wrong. It was the Jets, he is doing worse here. It's the line but he looks just as bad when they did block. We were expecting CMC to be healthy but we ran him into the ground to make up for how bad Darnold plays. Gase was terrible yet Rhule is doing the same level awful product. 

Excuses for people going through the stages of coping. 

• Pie 5

9 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Minshew would have been better than Darnold at this point. 

I really wonder what it is with that because Menshew has put up better #s in limited time than a lot of other people in similar situations that got starting gigs.

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

It was a gamble and they lost man. There’s your explanation.

Guess the Panthers believe in going all in and not hedging their bets. Thought a hedge fund manager would know better than that. Now his team’s stadium will either be empty of full of opposing team’s fans because no one wants to watch Sam Darnold dance around the pocket not throwing to open receivers because he’s a shook failure. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Maybe he’s too real for the nfl 

What do you mean by this.

One of the only things I've been able to find regarding his starting job is about practice.(other than the injury which he was out for)

Like the reading between the lines seems to suggest he isn't one of those guys that shows out at practice but his game numbers are good. Maybe he is one of those guys that just turns it on during the game but isn't a practice warrior.

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

What do you mean by this.

One of the only things I've been able to find regarding his starting job is about practice.(other than the injury which he was out for)

Like the reading between the lines seems to suggest he isn't one of those guys that shows out at practice but his game numbers are good. Maybe he is one of those guys that just turns it on during the game but isn't a practice warrior.

Minshew strikes me as a tell it like it is kinda guy. He scrapped his way into the NFL and showed a lot of moxie when I’ve watched him play. Maybe his style doesn’t jive with some NFL teams way of life, just my speculation. Either way I bet he sees some playing time for the Eagles very soon.