• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

bobcat91

4 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Simple easy check down right...

Screenshot_20211027-021712_Chrome.jpg

Again the check down was just the safety valve. The play was designed to get the ball to a wide open DJ in the end zone. Watch it again. There is nobody in 10 yards of DJ, easy touchdown. But Sam decided to throw to the bait/diversion. 

• Pie 2

It's a domino effect. He loses CMC but steps up to finish the Texans game. Then the O-line starts to fade in the 2nd half of the Cowboys game and he never got on track. When there's pressure, he gets happy feet. Happy feet are not set when you throw so a lot of his passes are off target or just too hard as he just wants to get the ball out. Then the WRs are dropping some coachable balls. Then Joe Brady gets scared to call certain plays because the line won't hold up so everybody knows where gonna throw quick.

Without CMC as his blanket, defenses are taking away his first read knowing he won't have time to really get to the second option without dancing around under pressure. 

Darnold looks bad but he has the tools, just needs the time. That 96 yards drive at the end of the Vikings game was impressive. He can do it. I believe any QB can be successful with time to throw, especially with our fast receivers, they should be able to get open. O-line is a priority next year and then we'll see. Darnold is the same situation as when with the Jets as we currently are as bad on offense (at least playing that way) as the Jets were, except we have a better defense. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Most knowledgeable football fans realized he had no offensive line, terrible skill position players and was Coached by Adam Gase. How about seeing how we finish? Worst case scenario is we get a shot at the top 2 to 3 QBs in the draft and not get gutted in the Watson deal

This is not a knowledgeable football fan thing to say.

It merely takes looking at film and all questions about Darnold are answered.

I would suggest you give it a try but clearly it wouldn't matter. Enjoy your new team when Sam gets jettisoned.

• Flames 2
  • Poo 2

7 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Its nice to see a fan base tee off on a guy before giving him any chance at all to succeed. When CMac was not injured and starting, Sam was 3-0, including a win over New Orleans. CMac gets injured, several OLinemen get injured, and all of a sudden we are playing musical chairs with the lineup. We haven't had two weeks in a row with the same starting lineup. Now he goes 0-4 and the fan base turns on him.  Soon we get McCaffrey back along with some injured O Linemen so let's see what we have. I am not a fan of trading for Watson, giving up multiple 1st round picks and becoming the Jaguars. He would destroy our salary cap, cause us to have to trade or cut numerous starters and handicap us from being able to build through the draft. Time to concentrate in FA and the draft to fix the OLine.  I think Sam will be fine if we build around him. No one can win behind this line, not even Watson.

As far as CMac, here's a suggestion. Emmitt Smith used to bulk up and hit the weight room hard as well. He began to have some hamstring issues each year until be began Yoga. It is essentially stretching exercises. I think it would be very beneficial for him and his ability to stay on the field.

LoL. The fact we need CMC shows how bad Darnold and our offense as a hole is. I never liked Darnold. He is a bad QB. Maybe he’s be a decent backup but the Panthers will never win a Super Bowl with him. There is 3 years of tape showing how bad he is. 
What is happening now is predictable and would have happened even if he had a line and CMC. 
He is a bad QB. 

32 minutes ago, musicman said:

It's a domino effect. He loses CMC but steps up to finish the Texans game. Then the O-line starts to fade in the 2nd half of the Cowboys game and he never got on track. When there's pressure, he gets happy feet. Happy feet are not set when you throw so a lot of his passes are off target or just too hard as he just wants to get the ball out. Then the WRs are dropping some coachable balls. Then Joe Brady gets scared to call certain plays because the line won't hold up so everybody knows where gonna throw quick.

Without CMC as his blanket, defenses are taking away his first read knowing he won't have time to really get to the second option without dancing around under pressure. 

Darnold looks bad but he has the tools, just needs the time. That 96 yards drive at the end of the Vikings game was impressive. He can do it. I believe any QB can be successful with time to throw, especially with our fast receivers, they should be able to get open. O-line is a priority next year and then we'll see. Darnold is the same situation as when with the Jets as we currently are as bad on offense (at least playing that way) as the Jets were, except we have a better defense. 

He gets happy feet in clean pockets that is the bigger issue. He’s the worst quarterback over the past 4 years in clean pockets. He’s missing wide open receivers that are schemed open. Just last game he threw into quadruple coverage when there was a wide open DJ in the end zone. This isn’t an anomaly. He consistently does this. He is the worst starting qb in the league. 

7 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Most knowledgeable football fans realized he had no offensive line, terrible skill position players and was Coached by Adam Gase. How about seeing how we finish? Worst case scenario is we get a shot at the top 2 to 3 QBs in the draft and not get gutted in the Watson deal

The fact your are still posting this poo shows how blind you are. It is obvious at this point that Gase wasn’t completely the problem. 
Sams problems were shown even when he was in college. 
He is a bad QB. He can’t be fixed. 

• Poo 1

All it takes for us to be Super Bowl contenders:

- Ship off one (or two) of our talented players

- Ship off multiple draft picks over the next few years

- Sign Watson to a team with a terrible roster

Our knowledgeable football fans are telling us its that simple. /s

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

We won the first three in spite of him. And if your entire season depends on an injury prone running back staying healthy you are doing it wrong. 

He was averaging around 300 yds per game with CMC. I didn’t say it was ideal way to build a team, just stating facts. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Again the check down was just the safety valve. The play was designed to get the ball to a wide open DJ in the end zone. Watch it again. There is nobody in 10 yards of DJ, easy touchdown. But Sam decided to throw to the bait/diversion. 

Damn.  I've been tough on Brady, and for good reasons, and consider myself fairly aware and astute when watching plays and the concepts they're attempting, but I did not see DJ until you just pointed that out.  Live, Darnold's decision and pass was just so fuging bad, I didnt see anything but a clusterfug and had no idea what he was looking at, and that was all I was fixated on.  But, seeing this play, and a few others like it, much like Teddy missing DJ for countless wide-open yards and TDs last season, it appears our QBs for two consecutive years aversion to throwing deep has severely hindered our offense...  and this version with Sam is even worse because although he and Teddy share the deep ball aversion, Sam lacks the efficiency that Teddy had going for him on everything intermediate and underneath.  That's the longhand version of saying, "this guy sucks."😂😂😂

All that being said, I still see a lot of red flags with Brady's offense and playcalling, but seeing this and similar plays, it really illuminates that this is the perfect storm for complementary poo play offensively...  sometimes the call is there, and its the perfect call, but we don't have the right guy pulling the trigger.  Then on other plays, the call sucks, and the players are doomed from the start.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

We might have the dumbest fanbase in the league. 

Even Jets fans finally got wise. Panthers fans love them some awful quarterbacks. Kyle Allen or Sam Darnold would have lifetime contracts if some of these delusional fans had their way.

Edited by frankw
  • Poo 1

8 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Agree…he doesn’t have an OL here either and Robbie stone hands aint helping…but Sam looked completely terrible last week.  Cant deny that

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1