• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

bobcat91

8 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

“Most knowledgeable football fans” does not include our GM or 62 million dollar head coach. SMH 

Same guy.

When will CMC be back?

Maybe if he can stay on the field the rest of the season things will improve. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz

33 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Damn.  I've been tough on Brady, and for good reasons, and consider myself fairly aware and astute when watching plays and the concepts they're attempting, but I did not see DJ until you just pointed that out.  Live, Darnold's decision and pass was just so fuging bad, I didnt see anything but a clusterfug and had no idea what he was looking at, and that was all I was fixated on.  But, seeing this play, and a few others like it, much like Teddy missing DJ for countless wide-open yards and TDs last season, it appears our QBs for two consecutive years aversion to throwing deep has severely hindered our offense...  and this version with Sam is even worse because although he and Teddy share the deep ball aversion, Sam lacks the efficiency that Teddy had going for him on everything intermediate and underneath.  That's the longhand version of saying, "this guy sucks."😂😂😂

All that being said, I still see a lot of red flags with Brady's offense and playcalling, but seeing this and similar plays, it really illuminates that this is the perfect storm for complementary poo play offensively...  sometimes the call is there, and its the perfect call, but we don't have the right guy pulling the trigger.  Then on other plays, the call sucks, and the players are doomed from the start.

Oh for sure. Brady’s offense is a mess. I’m really wondering if Sam was trying to hit DJ on this play but just threw it into no mans land because he didn’t follow through on the throw. Because there is no reason he should be throwing to the decoy clump. 

I am still astounded that there still are Sam Defenders at this point.

Anyone who knows me (kungfool..err, foo), knew I came here because Sam came here.

I thought a change of scenery would do wonders for him and yet...the more things change, the more they stay the same for  him.

I was hopeful even during his struggles following CMAC going down, that he would have that particular game where the proverbial switch in his mind is flipped and he turns into the QB many thought he'd be coming out of college. 

Instead, there was a "Suck HARDER" switch that was flipped and here we are. 

I am tired.   Just damn tired of defending Sam.

The loss to the Giants (that I thought Sam could have a shot at winning and gaining back some confidence) was the final straw for me.

Some here think I will leave when Sam does which is dumb as sh*t but you all have your own wrong opinions so you do you.....I, on the other hand, look forward to suffering along with the rest of you huddlers going forward (praying for better days).  

16 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I am tired.   Just damn tired of defending Sam.

The loss to the Giants (that I thought Sam could have a shot at winning and gaining back some confidence) was the final straw for me.

If you can come around maybe there is hope for others. I know @SBBlue is lurking. Might as well come get that crow you were so ready to serve it up to others just a few weeks ago. We're all stuck with this mess of mediocrity now 🤦‍♂️

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

16 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Check the stats. Through 3 games, he completed 68% of his passes, averaged 300 yards a game and had a passer rating of 100. Then he lost CMac and had injuries on the OLine. 

Watch the game, the coaching staff made it simple for him having him run an elementary offense and defense was on a record pace so they never trailed.  He left a ton plays on the field 

Any starting QB and most backups would have put up Sam numbers in those circumstances 

My God there are some angry people on here. Say something nice about Sam, and they attack you like you kicked their mother.

Truth. While CMC was here, this Offense hummed. Once he left, it fell apart. But hey, it's all on Sam right?

Now poo me because I said something positive.

Edited by iamhubby1
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

My God there are some angry people on here. Say something nice about Sam, and they attack you like you kicked their mother.

Truth. While CMC was here, this Offense hummed. Once he left, it fell apart. But hey, it's all on Sam right?

Now poo me because I said something positive.

And thats the problem. We have a ton of issues on the offense it it isn't all on Sam. Hell, Troy Aikman was terrible behind a bad line and limited weapons, but we want something that has never been seen before: Super Bowl play from a QB with no line and limited weapons. We are going to start Sam the rest of the year, so why not see how this is going to look when CMac is back and the line has a few healthy bodies. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, bobcat91 said:

And thats the problem. We have a ton of issues on the offense it it isn't all on Sam. Hell, Troy Aikman was terrible behind a bad line and limited weapons, but we want something that has never been seen before: Super Bowl play from a QB with no line and limited weapons. We are going to start Sam the rest of the year, so why not see how this is going to look when CMac is back and the line has a few healthy bodies. 

Folks are angry, and that means they have no patience. They don't want to hear Rebuild. They don't want to hear that CMC means a lot to this Offense. They just want results. So...until things get better. Things are not going to get better.

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Folks are angry, and that means they have no patience. They don't want to hear Rebuild. They don't want to hear that CMC means a lot to this Offense. They just want results. So...until things get better. Things are not going to get better.

If 1 player was being himself we are talking Super Bowl.  Honestly we have 1 loss with CMC whole.  Maybe no loses.  CMC is special, you cant fuggin replace that

We would be talking Super Bowl but the OL is shet bowl

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

If 1 player was being himself we are talking Super Bowl.  Honestly we have 1 loss with CMC whole.  Maybe no loses.  CMC is special, you cant fuggin replace that

He makes the whole Offense better. You should never underestimate how much his presence means to this team. I mean, we were humming along. Then Bam

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

He makes the whole Offense better. You should never underestimate how much his presence means to this team. I mean, we were humming along. Then Bam

Really easy to see…Rhule isn’t the problem, not the defense and Darnold is so much better.  CMC is the guy.  Get an OL with CMC healthy?  poo man we are right there

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Really easy to see…Rhule isn’t the problem, not the defense and Darnold is so much better.  CMC is the guy.  Get an OL with CMC healthy?  poo man we are right there

Use the rest of this year to work out he kinks. Use the off-season to fill in the holes. And next year could be a start of a brand new era.

Fix the Oline, and keep CMC healthy. And this team can compete.

• Pie 1