• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

huh? 

the reporting is the offer is on the table and Watson simply won't waive the not trade clause for Carolina. 

I don't believe "the reporting".

All of "the reporting" up until this very moment in time has been 100% wrong.  

Waiting for a named/direct team source to go on the public record...

• Poo 2

7 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

I'm speculating, but I'm thinking the "reasons that likely will become apparent" is Houston is getting Tua in the Dolphins deal, but taking Darnold in our deal. Houston would rather have Tua than Darnold and yeah, of course they would.

Edited by trueblade

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It's time to dismantle this vision of yhr roster and trade for draft capital.

I wouldn't go that far. Panic trading(which is legit what the Watson deal would have been) doesn't help us and the deadline is Nov. 2. 

We have the offseason to make those decisions and the rest of this season to evaluate players to see if they have a future here. At that point then we can figure out what is worth trading and what we can get.

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

From the beginning I've believed and maintained the Texans shouldn't and wouldn't trade him nor do I think they've had any material negotiations whatsoever...

...all the "rumors" originate with Watson's agent (David Mulugheta) in a failed effort to stoke the fire.  

That said, it's possible the "Miami only" rumor is true (again from Mulugheta) and if so it's simply Mr. Whip-It-Out wanting to be traded to a "destination" vs. a team/organization...

...Mr. W.I.O. is all about the South Beach scene

You have been wrong about everything on this forum

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I'm speculating, but I'm thinking the "reasons that likely will become apparent" is Houston is getting Tua in the Dolphins deal, but taking Darnold in our deal. Houston would rather have Tua than Darnold and yeah, of course they would.

Yeah, I don't get why Florio keeps saying that "for reasons that will become apparent," poo.  You're a fuging reporter, quit being coy and report it, asshole.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I don't believe "the reporting".

All of "the reporting" up until this very moment in time has been 100% wrong.  

Waiting for a named/direct team source to go on the public record...

I mean is any report 100% correct? No. 

But literally every local beat writer, national beat writer, everyone plugged into Carolina and Houstonj....like literally everyone,  have confirmed we have indeed attempted to get him and it hasn't worked to date.  

So I get disagreeing with believing a singualr report as 100% true.  To say we aren't interested, doesn't seem grounded in literally anything. 

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

That wouldn't have anything to do with why Watson wants to go to Miami though.

In all likelihood, he just wants to go to Miami for the same reasons a lot of athletes want to go to Miami.  Don't think it goes much deeper than that.