• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

You know what looks way worse than trading for someone in Watson's situation? Desperately TRYING to trade for someone in Watson's situation and having him look at your situation and saying, "Yeah, I might be facing 20+ accusations of sexual, but that's still a helluva lot better than suiting up at QB for y'all right now." 😂

I'm just laughing to keep from crying. We're a fuging dumpster fire y'all.

Can you honestly say he makes he best decisions...also would you want to play behind Daley's and miller... 

I rest my case

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

NGL, I think my interest in watching the rest of this season just completely flamed out with this news.  Darnold and Brady fuging suck, and after their showing the last 3 weeks, especially last week, there is absolutely no hope.  This blows.

Maybe we can get Minshew for a ham sandwich.  What is Vinny Testaverde doing now?

Eh, maybe CMC can shoulder this mess. Other than that. It’s over. 

1 minute ago, Mage said:

I think people are reading too much into this.

Joe Person said Watson could still be an option for us in the offseason, and that the no-trade clause wasn't an issue for the Panthers.

In all likelihood, they just decided that it would be better to wait and see how his legal situation plays out.

Watson is not getting traded before the deadline, as should have been assumed.  Miami seems to be the only team that would want him before the offseason.

So we pussed out due to the fake outrage from the fake moral police?

This fanbase just never learns.  Good job on that poll though!  Enjoy Darnold and another year or ten of mediocrity!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 8

13 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Rodgers isn’t coming here. That’s two elite qbs who straight up said no to us. We’re gonna have to draft a qb and this fanbase should be very very concerned about this staff picking the right one with Teddy and Darnold being their choices in the past.

some of us told y’all who were celebrating cutting cam that we could be in qb hell for a decade. 

Most elite veteran QBs aren’t keen about joining a rebuilding team especially one with a suspect OL, their best offensive player on IR and about a year or two away from serious playoff contention.

As to Watson choosing Miami, what pro athlete in his position and under the present circumstances wouldn’t chose South Florida over Charlotte or just about anywhere else if given the choice? 

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 1

Just now, uncfan888 said:

I hope he doesn't get traded before the deadline and we have a chance in the offseason. I'm not going to do another year of Samuel darnold

We’ve only begun our journey in to QB purgatory. Strap in and sit tight because it’s gonna be a long and bumpy ride.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

You know what looks way worse than trading for someone in Watson's situation? Desperately TRYING to trade for someone in Watson's situation and having him look at your situation and saying, "Yeah, I might be facing 20+ accusations of sexual, but that's still a helluva lot better than suiting up at QB for y'all right now." 😂

You are making assumptions.  All Ian said was that so far, the only team he's waived his no-trade clause for is Miami (which we've known for MONTHS).  Didn't say that Watson outright said no to Carolina (which has been reported several times in regard to Philly, not us).  Joe Person said the no-trade clause was not the issue in regard to Carolina.

We likely pulled out right now because of his unclear legal situation and didn't feel the NFL cleared up enough what would happen in 2021.  

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Here is the real fun part, every single player in that locker room pretty much knows what just happened. The franchise saw they made a huge mistake with Darnold and scrambled desperately to remedy it.

Now they all know that Darnold is going to be the guy, despite the fact that the organization itself has lost faith in him.

Here is what I think, we are gonna see this team start to lay down in the next 4-5 weeks. Get ready to see some 2019 stuff.

Bingo. We just openly waived the sheer panic flag and now we're not even doing a good job of handling the PR aspect letting him come out that we didn't bow out, we were told no by Watson. Oh wee mayne. I'd say our season spirals out of control from here, but we were already in a tailspin with the ground fast approaching anyway.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Latest was that the no-trade clause was not an impediment to a Watson deal. Sounds like Tepper simply pulled the plug on the trade.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

So we pussed out due to the fake outrage from the fake moral police?

This fanbase just never learns.  Good job on that poll though!  Enjoy Darnold and another year or ten of mediocrity!

Don't think it had anything to do with the poll.  I think the Panthers just weren't satisfied enough with what they heard at the meetings in regard to how many games Watson would be able to play in 2021, and decided it would be better to wait until the offseason to pursue him.

If Watson outright said no to Carolina, then us pursuing him in the offseason wouldn't even be a possibility.  I think the Panthers want his legal situation cleared up, and it won't be by Nov 2. 

The fact of the matter is, Watson being traded before the deadline was never reasonable.  It is why I kept saying we wouldn't get Watson.  It's just not reasonable for a team to trade for him right now.

• Pie 4