• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

9 minutes ago, Mage said:

I don't think anyone has reported we aren't interested though.  Just that we pulled out but would likely pull back in the offseason when his legal situation is cleared up.  

But again, as Florio said, that is dependent on the Miami/Houston deal holding up.  If for some reason it broke down later this week, then who knows.  But in all likelihood Watson is not traded until the offseason.

But what about what @Verge and @DJ feed me moore said..

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I tend to like Pickett more. In the offense we have, we really need a guy that can process the field and make throws really quickly, especially behind this line. There is  bad tape of Willis looking AWFUL when he gets pressured regularly. That is what he would be getting early in his career here.

If we had a different offense(which we may in 2022 at this rate) and a better OL, Willis would make some sense.

Pickett a rich man's Ryan Fitzpatrick. So maybe something like Kirk Cousins. I think he's a solid starter. Upside is limited, but I think some team will be content with him. 

Just now, Smittymoose said:

You have to look at the cost you give up of drafting a dud early too. Sure, you can get out of the deal, but what did you lose by burning a top pick on a complete bum?

I don't think those situations are very fair comparisons for the rest of the league, as those teams had top 2 picks. It is going to be impossible for Carolina to be that bad with the talent on the roster, even with Darnold or some similar bum at QB. 

talent doesnt mean poo if you have no line and no qb.  We are eyeballing a prolonged losing streak because of this exact reason and I am not seeing 2022 being any better

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

talent doesnt mean poo if you have no line and no qb.  We are eyeballing a prolonged losing streak because of this exact reason and I am not seeing 2022 being any better

You should read my post. I am saying it will be hard to pivot from a bum QB because Carolina will be too almost certainly be too good to be top 5 pick bad this year or next. 

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Rhule is toast after all of this, he was barely hanging on before this drama. 

We can get better deals now then later when other teams have more options. I just don't see how things are about to get 2010 bad here now. I'm not banking on Rhule coming back, his decision or Teppers.

If we had good deals waiting for us, they would be on the table. That's what I mean, unless we are getting great offers from other front offices and turning them down. If so, they are getting vetoed somewhere and there isn't much we can do.

I think Rhule is safe even at 3-14. I believe he will jettison Brady and then the Rhule hot seat will be cranked to 11 in 2022. I also expect to see the FO and Rhule forced to take a QB in the draft.

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

You should read my post. I am saying it will be hard to pivot from a bum QB because Carolina will be too almost certainly be too good to be top 5 pick bad this year or next. 

I think we are looking at a top 5 pick this year and next.  I am not seeing many options of getting this line better and/or moving on from darnold

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's not us being out. That's him saying no. That's a very key distinction. Ultimately the same end result, but the optics are very different.

I told you guys when this poo first started that he didn’t want to come here. Y’all laughed and dismissed me as usual although I’m frequently right. 

I will say I was almost for sure that his mind had changed given the circumstances. Guess he’s more down on us than I thought. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

Pickett a rich man's Ryan Fitzpatrick. So maybe something like Kirk Cousins. I think he's a solid starter. Upside is limited, but I think some team will be content with him. 

He isn't a prospect I love but I think he has the best chance of being successful. I also think his ceiling is relatively low. Of the higher ceiling prospects, they just have so many warts. Howell, Willis, etc. Really big bust factor on those guys.

At the moment, a steady starter is the best thing for us. It allows further building to happen while we aren't getting shelled in games.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah man, pickett in the first seems like a good way to take your franchise back a few steps

It's a way to get it to mediocre, which is better than we are. Obviously, I understand the mixed feelings about that rather than just sucking hard and continuing to get high draft picks.

5 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Hell, speaking of Cousins...he might be available this off-season.  I have always thought he was a really good QB, who just has never gotten the credit he deserves.  I'd take him as our long term QB in a heartbeat.

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I told you guys when this poo first started that he didn’t want to come here. Y’all laughed and dismissed me as usual although I’m frequently right. 

I will say I was almost for sure that his mind had changed given the circumstances. Guess he’s more down on us than I thought. 

248B7F09-86B3-44F3-911B-6E1388E580F7.gif.4a561732d43839cd5a96cc4ad9944fc9.gif

• Pie 1