• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I agree, I don't want Tepper to be crazy but at this point it's lining up to be a learning experience for him. It took Haslim more than a decade to offset his negative impacts.

I also see a very good chance that Rhule may run back to college anyways at the end of the year. The rest of this year is not going to be fun.

Rhule and staff are just not ready, they will probably succeed later from the experience in this failure.

It aint running away from all that money

9 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

The tax difference is huge and believe it or not a lot of people actually would prefer to live in Miami over Charlotte. 

It is a huge tax advantage for the super-wealthy...

...in fact, Appaloosa Management is headquartered on Washington Avenue in Miami Beach.  

I've lived in both places and much prefer Charlotte.  

I don't think it's the tax climate drawing Mr. W.I.O. to Miami...

...but rather the "lifestyle".

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I agree, I don't want Tepper to be crazy but at this point it's lining up to be a learning experience for him. It took Haslim more than a decade to offset his negative impacts.

I also see a very good chance that Rhule may run back to college anyways at the end of the year. The rest of this year is not going to be fun.

Rhule and staff are just not ready, they will probably succeed later from the experience in this failure.

It would be an odd decision to leave a very high paying NFL job to go back to college but then again Rhule has never stayed anywhere long.

I have always sort of wondered if he just really wants to build and then bolt.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

It is a huge tax advantage for the super-wealthy...

...in fact, Appaloosa Management is headquartered on Washington Avenue in Miami Beach.  

I've lived in both places and much prefer Charlotte.  

I don't think it's the tax climate drawing Mr. W.I.O. to Miami...

...but rather the "lifestyle".

Also, places like Florida and Texas, with no state income taxes make up for said taxes in other ways.  Its not like they're just not gonna get that sweet, sweet tax money from you.  They have insanely high property taxes for instance.  In Texas, I own a ~400,000 dollar home and my monthly property taxes are like 600 dollars - a lot more than if they just took a normal income tax from me like when I lived in NC. 

• Beer 2

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Eventually they are going to stop paying him and come after his money if they can't get a trade worked out. 

Or name him the starter and force him to make a choice...

...earn your money or get suspended without pay.  

Easy choice there...

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

It would be an odd decision to leave a very high paying NFL job to go back to college but then again Rhule has never stayed anywhere long.

I have always sort of wondered if he just really wants to build and then bolt.

nah, he only really bolted once and that was for a premier job.  Going from Temple to baylor is a no brainer.  Going from Baylor to the NFL is a dream