• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

It would be an odd decision to leave a very high paying NFL job to go back to college but then again Rhule has never stayed anywhere long.

I have always sort of wondered if he just really wants to build and then bolt.

IdK, I'm expecting a bad rest of the year at this point. Anything is on the table as far as what could happen. Rhule can go back to school, get paid, be happy and have a much easier job. It's just a possibility. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

nah, he only really bolted once and that was for a premier job.  Going from Temple to baylor is a no brainer.  Going from Baylor to the NFL is a dream

Baylor was not much of an upgrade at that time. Certainly monetarily it was.

I just have the two data points but if you look, he bounced around quite a bit as an assistant, as well. Temple was the longest he has ever stayed at job in football.

That is kind of what makes me think maybe he is just generally a job hopper. We will know in the next few years.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

IdK, I'm expecting a bad rest of the year at this point. Anything is on the table as far as what could happen. Rhule can go back to school, get paid, be happy and have a much easier job. It's just a possibility. 

I think he sticks it out one more season, assuming Tepper doesn't throw a poo fit and fire him. Do I think it impossible that he may eventually leave before he gets canned? No.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I just have the two data points but if you look, he bounced around quite a bit as an assistant, as well. Temple was the longest he has ever stayed at job in football.

That is kind of what makes me think maybe he is just generally a job hopper. We will know in the next few years.

You just described nearly all football coaches.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There is not a football coach on this planet that wouldnt go from Temple to Baylor.  And as far as being an assistant, thats what happens they move a lot especially if its up the ladder as he did

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is not a football coach on this planet that wouldnt go from Temple to Baylor.  And as far as being an assistant, thats what happens they move a lot especially if its up the ladder as he did

Yeah, it's possible I am misreading it but it is something I am curious to see.