• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, if there is a can't miss OL prospect, just fuging take the guy.

but think of the draft value we'll get with our haul of 2nd and/or 3rd round picks instead of our 1st!11!1!1

😞

This draft will be interesting to see how Fitt/Rhule address the gaping holes in our offense.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Good guards and centers are easier to find than LT's. You can get a good guard or center in the 2nd or 3rd round, not so much LT's.

We just suck at all three of those things.

Another problem is we dont have a 2nd or 3rd round pick. 

This is my dilemma. We dont want to resign paradis, miller and daley are trash.  

Brady was decent last game at LT. 

Just now, Harbingers said:

The exempt list does nothing right now, he’d still get paid and a suspension doesn’t come into effect until criminal charges are filed or civil is resolved unfavorably for him. That’s why. If there was enough backlash, they’d exempt him. 

the NFL also doesn't need to take action while HOU isn't playing him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was put on the list as soon as he practiced with his new team... The situation changes immediately when a new team might play him

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

but think of the draft value we'll get with our haul of 2nd and/or 3rd round picks instead of our 1st!11!1!1

😞

This draft will be interesting to see how Fitt/Rhule address the gaping holes in our offense.

Boy, it sure would have been nice to take the 13th highest rated OT in the NFL currently, Rashawn Slater in the first round....

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Boy, it sure would have been nice to take the 13th highest rated OT in the NFL currently, Rashawn Slater in the first round....

No kidding.

On the bright side I think that it's an understatement to say we finally addressed cornerback.  I hope we put the same enthusiasm into our OL next offseason...

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, joemac said:

It means the player has the final say on where they want to be traded to.  They have a clause in their contracts that lets them say "No" to any trades. 

So when you waive it you are saying “no”? Sorry just a little confused

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

😞

I fully expect us to trade down with our 1st, but probably not out of the 1st entirely.  A whole lot of oline can be had with late 1st and multiple 2nd/3rds.  We can keep our 1st and get an elite LT.  Or we can trade back and can have elite to great center and guards x2.  I know I'd rather solidify 3 positions over just one, especially since the center of our oline is the problem.

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Another problem is we dont have a 2nd or 3rd round pick. 

This is my dilemma. We dont want to resign paradis, miller and daley are trash.  

Brady was decent last game at LT. 

If you get a chance to get an elite LT and you pass, you may as well just shut the doors to the franchise. You don't pass that up for IOL.

Make no mistake, we aren't gonna fix the OL in only one offseason. So we have to get something. Ideally 1-2 competent starters. That is a start. It is a lot easier for 2-3 good offensive linemen to cover up for 2-3 shitty ones. 

Plus we do have free agency. I assume we will have to hire a consultant of some sort to evaluate them, since our coaching staff and front office have never seen what a competent offensive lineman looks like. If they could just take their top 10 favorite guys in free agency and just immediately mark them off the list. That would help. 

Just now, Luciu5 said:

I fully expect us to trade down with our 1st, but probably not out of the 1st entirely.  A whole lot of oline can be had with late 1st and multiple 2nd/3rds.  We can keep our 1st and get an elite LT.  Or we can trade back and can have elite to great center and guards x2.  I know I'd rather solidify 3 positions over just one, especially since the center of our oline is the problem.

trading down only works if someone really wants to come up.  And with this qb class I aint seeing it.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

We can get a G or C much much easier later in the draft than a stud LT

The G we got much later in the draft has not played a snap in the regular season. I dont know how we realistically take a LT with out 1st and rebuild the interior of our OL with the few late round picks we have remaining. 

Maybe Brady can move to LG Brown can play RG and we can find a C with one of our late round picks.

Im just trying to envision how to build the OL with a 1st round LT. 

Just now, PootieNunu said:

The G we got much later in the draft has not played a snap in the regular season. I dont know how we realistically take a LT with out 1st and rebuild the interior of our OL with the few late round picks we have remaining. 

Maybe Brady can move to LG Brown can play RG and we can find a C with one of our late round picks.

Im just trying to envision how to build the OL with a 1st round LT. 

There is a reason Brown went in the 6th.  And there are plenty of good prospects in the 4rth 5th range.