• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

No kidding.

On the bright side I think that it's an understatement to say we finally addressed cornerback.  I hope we put the same enthusiasm into our OL next offseason...

What is so crazy is that as great of a prospect as Horn is, we went out and got good at CB without him. So.....did we even need to take a CB???

You want to give credit for addressing a need and then they sort of fug themselves in the process by showing how quickly you can improve that position.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

What is so crazy is that as great of a prospect as Horn is, we went out and got good at CB without him. So.....did we even need to take a CB???

You want to give credit for addressing a need and then they sort of fug themselves in the process by showing how quickly you can improve that position.

I hate to say it, but our roster/capital is a fugging mess right now and I am seriously concerned Rhule is going to tank all of our prospects. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

The fact we landed a former first rounder we were VERY high on and an all-pro in early in the season (along with an unfortunate injury) makes the Horn decision look worse than it did at the time for sure.  I think Horn could be one of the best CBs in the league, so its hard for me to be down on the pick... But I am really not excited about the Henderson pick atm, in part because I think these guys are nowhere near as good as they believe at rehabbing talent.

Just wish they weren't so down on Slater's fuging arms or whatever it was.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The G we got much later in the draft has not played a snap in the regular season. I dont know how we realistically take a LT with out 1st and rebuild the interior of our OL with the few late round picks we have remaining. 

Maybe Brady can move to LG Brown can play RG and we can find a C with one of our late round picks.

Im just trying to envision how to build the OL with a 1st round LT. 

If you are going to envision building the OL, it literally starts with a LT. It is the most difficult to find lineman in the NFL and one of the most difficult positions to find an elite player.

Also, if you are going to envision a future good offensive line, the only player on this roster in the discussion is Moton. All the rest of them are backups at the extreme best. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

I hate to say it, but our roster/capital is a fugging mess right now and I am seriously concerned Rhule is going to tank all of our prospects. 

It’s like we were building a team on madden and then turned the game off in the middle of the roster creation. 

• Pie 1

Just now, mav1234 said:

The fact we landed a former first rounder we were VERY high on and an all-pro in early in the season (along with an unfortunate injury) makes the Horn decision look worse than it did at the time for sure.  I think Horn could be one of the best CBs in the league, so its hard for me to be down on the pick... But I am really not excited about the Henderson pick atm, in part because I think these guys are nowhere near as good as they believe at rehabbing talent.

Just wish they weren't so down on Slater's fuging arms or whatever it was.

Yeah, I like Horn a lot as well but when you see how easy it could have been to get one of the best OT's in the NFL right now, it is truly maddening. Especially when we have a highly rated pass defense that doesn't even feature the guy we drafted anymore. 

Meanwhile, our most significant LT play of the year was Christensen sacking our QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If you are going to envision building the OL, it literally starts with a LT. It is the most difficult to find lineman in the NFL and one of the most difficult positions to find an elite player.

Also, if you are going to envision a future good offensive line, the only player on this roster in the discussion is Moton. All the rest of them are backups at the extreme best. 

That really bothers me with Brady because we spent a 3rd on him. Brown was a 6th who cares. 

We really need to change how we evaluate OL. Stop doing this cute 2nd round G/ 3rd round T bullshit. We could have taken a guy that can actually play OL instead of him if the best he can be is a backup. 

• Pie 1

I think its too early to draw a conclusion on Christensen but I'd not pass an elite LT prospect for his potential development, at least right now.  While he was ... not good in his first start, there were some positives to build on, and I think tht he can develop significantly more, if only to good backup at tackle.  How he was rated as a 2nd round guard is beyond me... maybe he'll bulk up in the off season?

Just now, PootieNunu said:

That really bothers me with Brady because we spent a 3rd on him. Brown was a 6th who cares. 

We really need to change how we evaluate OL. Stop doing this cute 2nd round G/ 3rd round T bullshit. We could have taken a guy that can actually play OL instead of him if the best he can be is a backup. 

3rd rounders are not necessarily going to be exceptional starters out of the gate.  The weird 2nd round guard grade thing confuses the poo out of me tho.

Hindsight being what it is, I wish we'd gone a different direction with our 2nd round too... or maybe just not awarded Robby a massive contract... but yea, hindsight...

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

In fairness, we have put together a very talented and young roster. The biggest concern is how they just can't seem to wrap their head around certain key and CRITICAL positions, like OL and QB.

You aren't gonna go far in this league if those two units are as bad as ours.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

3rd rounders are not necessarily going to be exceptional starters out of the gate.  The weird 2nd round guard grade thing confuses the poo out of me tho.

Hindsight being what it is, I wish we'd gone a different direction with our 2nd round too... or maybe just not awarded Robby a massive contract... but yea, hindsight...

Obviously not the 3rd but the Chiefs got Creed H. at pick 63 and he is playing lights out at center for them.  There are starters to be had in the late 2nd and 3rd just pick them instead of fuging trading back for a wr3

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Giving Robby that temple owl financial grant was the worst thing we could have done. He did not give a fug before he got paid now he cares even less.  Samuel could have been kept if we were throwing money at a WR, Robby was already under contract. 

Then we would not have needed to draft a WR in the 2nd. 

• Pie 2