• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Obviously not the 3rd but the Chiefs got Creed H. at pick 63 and he is playing lights out at center for them.  There are starters to be had in the late 2nd and 3rd just pick them instead of fuging trading back for a wr3

there will always be 2nd / 3rd rnd dudes that end up being studs.  I agree that all things considered, the emphasis on WR was a bit of an odd one, given the weakness on OL and what was available.  But... BPA etc... ah well.

We NEED to fix OL, though.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

trading down only works if someone really wants to come up.  And with this qb class I aint seeing it.

We traded down how many times this past draft?  How many QBs were taken in our old spots?  We won't get 3 1sts or anything crazy for a trade down.  But I could see us moving a few spots back and getting a 2nd and 3rd in compensation.  We could get Tyler Linderbaum in the middle of the 1st round, then get multiple guards in the second/third round plus a LT project if we wanted.  Because we're trading back with our 2nd as well.

My point is, someone wants to trade up for some reason.  Doesn't have to be for a QB.

Our problem is, we need a QB.  Idk what the draft is going to look like, but QB vs LT vs IOL will be the question going into next offseason, cause we can't get all three; 2 of 3 would be lucky.

3 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

We traded down how many times this past draft?  How many QBs were taken in our old spots?  We won't get 3 1sts or anything crazy for a trade down.  But I could see us moving a few spots back and getting a 2nd and 3rd in compensation.  We could get Tyler Linderbaum in the middle of the 1st round, then get multiple guards in the second/third round plus a LT project if we wanted.  Because we're trading back with our 2nd as well.

My point is, someone wants to trade up for some reason.  Doesn't have to be for a QB.

Our problem is, we need a QB.  Idk what the draft is going to look like, but QB vs LT vs IOL will be the question going into next offseason, cause we can't get all three; 2 of 3 would be lucky.

Go back and look at previous drafts in the first round and see how many times teams traded up in the first for a non qb.  I will wait......

Just now, SizzleBuzz said:

Goodell seems to be saying otherwise...

...absent new "information" the "situation" stays the same.

9B257BE7-9375-45C4-9D7C-2CC1A638B3EE.jpeg

The second bit is just someone's take on it.  The process is ongoing is pretty key.  There's no need for charges to occur for him to be played in the exempt list etc.

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

In fairness, we have put together a very talented and young roster. The biggest concern is how they just can't seem to wrap their head around certain key and CRITICAL positions, like OL and QB.

You aren't gonna go far in this league if those two units are as bad as ours.

I think people generally overrate this roster. Outside of DL and Cornerback(now) we really don’t have any depth at any position that is worth a damn at the moment. Yes WR is decent if they were all healthy but being healthy especially for rookies is a big part of it. Depth is key and our depth sucks and like you say we have two or the most key positions that suck from top to bottom currently.