• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

Looks like Tepper is a meddling owner after all. I heard as much when Cam was cut.

I guess he got what he wanted. Too bad he's not a football guy however, as anyone that's watched the NFL knows how difficult it is to find a quarterback. For some reason Tepper had no idea.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bingo. We just openly waived the sheer panic flag and now we're not even doing a good job of handling the PR aspect letting him come out that we didn't bow out, we were told no by Watson. Oh wee mayne. I'd say our season spirals out of control from here, but we were already in a tailspin with the ground fast approaching anyway.

There's nowhere to go but up. Well after we circle around on the bottom for a while it will be nowhere to go but up. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/inside-deshaun-watson-trade-buzz-qb-eligible-to-play-should-texans-deal-him-but-many-worry-that-may-not-hold/

Interestingly enough, I'm told contact between Texans GM Nick Caserio and Dolphins GM Chris Grier has been almost nonexistent in the last two or so weeks. And as far as I know, the compensation for Watson is still equal to three first-round picks plus Day 2 picks or players.

Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper has gone back and forth on whether to ultimately deal for Watson. Tepper was heavily interested in Watson when news of his trade request first broke in January, but the sexual allegations followed and that cooled all interest in Watson around the league. Tepper and the Panthers pulled out of looking to trade for Watson near the end of the preseason, too. But since then, Watson hasn't been moved to Miami and the Panthers have a growing question mark at quarterback with the bench-worthy play of Sam Darnold.

On Wednesday, the Panthers again pulled out of the running for Watson, according to a league source. But make no mistake, that interest remains.

Edited by SgtJoo
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Indeed. It’s gonna be great having Sam Darnold as our starting QB the next 2 years 

As long as they build an offensive line for the next guy... heck, with an offensive line Darnold might have been able to rehab here. Without one, he sure wasn't able. He's David Carr all over again. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

As long as they build an offensive line for the next guy... heck, with an offensive line Darnold might have been able to rehab here. Without one, he sure wasn't able. He's David Carr all over again. 

They should have kept Teddy, drafted an olineman and then make a move for a qb after this season.  Why in the hell they rushed things I have no idea but right now we are fuged

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, SgtJoo said:

"Interestingly enough, I'm told contact between Texans GM Nick Caserio and Dolphins GM Chris Grier has been almost nonexistent in the last two or so weeks."

Seems to completely contradict the info put forth by John McClain from the Houston Chronicle middle of last week...

...McClain is supposed to be the axe on info related to Mr. Whip-It-Out.

4CCCD33D-7A14-4419-AEEB-292AC698D94F.png