• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we even want to talk about the Falcons game or are we just chalking up another loss?

hepcat

2 hours ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

even the damn Hornets at this point look like they have their poo together.

They've had their poo together the last 3-4 years. Even before drafting LaMelo, they were playing a more fun and exciting version of basketball. LaMelo has helped put them over the top. They do need to start making more cuts to the basket instead of standing around the 3 point line though.

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

And a competent:

- head coach
- offensive coordinator
- offensive line
- kicker
- punter
- you know what, I'm throwing trader Fitty on this list too, the pick-slinging bastard

Haha, as much as I dislike Rhule, he did seem to be MUCH better last year, so I think something weird is up.

OL is definitely a major problem but, IMO, Darnold is a bigger issue atm.  I didn't used to think so, but I think his inability to make quick reads has fuged our offense at every level.  Yes, our OL sucks, but even when they actually get him a pocket he just misfires.  Unless we're talking about 2 minute offense, strangely enough.

• Pie 1

Hopefully we fuging lose, then firesale for the upcoming drafts.

Hey guys, it's year 3 (or 4 if you realized then) of the 'rebuild'. We didn't want to admit it needed to be down in the prior 3 years, and now we're overdue in quarterback purgatory. We had our best chances last year with the most stacked quarterback draft in recent memory, so now we have to really hit it out of the park with a prospect in the next two years. To do that will more than likely take a trade up or securing the first overall pick.

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Haha, as much as I dislike Rhule, he did seem to be MUCH better last year, so I think something weird is up.

OL is definitely a major problem but, IMO, Darnold is a bigger issue atm.  I didn't used to think so, but I think his inability to make quick reads has fuged our offense at every level.  Yes, our OL sucks, but even when they actually get him a pocket he just misfires.  Unless we're talking about 2 minute offense, strangely enough.

Darnold just mixes part of Clausen with part of Carr. I initially noticed his hesitancy to throw the ball against the Steelers in preseason, and it's an issue which hasn't gotten better. At this point, he is what he is.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Darnold just mixes part of Clausen with part of Carr. I initially noticed his hesitancy to throw the ball against the Steelers in preseason, and it's an issue which hasn't gotten better. At this point, he is what he is.

and unfortunately Rhule's loyalty to his college players means our backup is trash, too. 

what a shitty situation we're in, heh

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, BudFox said:

We're a team that benched our QB for PJ Walker against a 1-5 team.  Bust out the paper bags.

Thankfully we have a Hockey team and a basketball team to turn our attention to. Who would have thought “Hockey” being more successful in the Carolinas than football.