• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apathy

Seltzer

Yep. I'll still watch the games, but I just don't really care that much anymore. Part of that is just getting older and being in a different place in my life now at 38, but honestly if the Panther's product was or had been better following our Super Bowl run, I would probably still be a fairly rabid fan. 

• Pie 6

I was optimistic about Rhule heading into this season. We had a good draft behind us, and with one more year of good drafting + key FA acquisitions/trades, I thought we'd be fully ready to compete year in and year out. Now it just feels like someone has taken all the air out of the room and there's no getting it back in. The players don't seem as motivated, Rhule and Brady are getting outclassed by the league's worst coaching staffs, and the whole Darnold fiasco seems like it could set us back several years. I've never gone from high hopes to no hope at all in such a short time. I'll still watch them, but until something changes, it's gonna be hard to get behind this team.

• Pie 4

All starts at the very tip top.

Since Dave Tepper has purchased this team there has been very little, if any good to come of it.

Once again, another example of "just because you are rich doesn't mean you are smart".

The fans deserved better.  Total disaster from the start.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Tepper needs to take notice.  Apathy has already set in among a lot of fans even before this season.  Little star power relative to the 2015 era squads most fans remember. 

It's reflected in the stadium.  This forum is full of more dedicated fans, but the last few years (really the entire Tepper era) have taken it out of us.

I've had PSL's for the past 16 seasons, and I'm beginning to contemplate letting them go.  I love the Panthers and always will, but it takes a lot of financial and time commitment to support them like I do, especially to do it in-person when a large percentage of seats are sold to the opposing fans.  

It gets harder by the year.  I really bought into Rhule and the idea he was turning this thing around, but the mismanagement of the QB position (and to a lesser extent the offensive line) would be comical if it wasn't my team.  It really is hard to screw up QB any worse than Rhule has done.

And I'm an optimist.  Many on this board are not.  I was surprised at how Jeremy had turned against the current administration at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how right he is.

This season will just be playing out the string, the same as the last 3 seasons and counting.  And the worst part is there is no discernible plan to turn this around.  That to me is the most demoralizing thing.

I don't know what good firing Rhule after this season would do.  Brady will abandon this ship the minute the season is over to jump to LSU.  It's not outside the realm of possibility Rhule will also.

This seems like a good place to finish.  Things are never usually as good as they seem or as bad.  Maybe that's true, but after last Sunday's debacle, it's getting harder to have perspective.

I know I've never seen such incredibly awful QB play from a (non-injured) QB the coaching staff bought and sold to the fanbase.  Anyway, like many of you, I'm just trying to fight this apathy and continue (yet again) to hope for better days, which I know are not magically around the corner.

I'm with you 100% bro. The only logical thing the panthers can right now if they don't plan on firing some coaches is to re-sign cam. That's only way they'll bring life back into this season for me and I would assume a huge percentage of Carolina's fanbase 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

This is exactly why George Seifert got the boot...

Apathy

Yeah Seifert fell apart quickly here and then retired. I guess he just had enough. But at least he had an outstanding resume with a Super Bowl.
This coaching crew doesn’t even really have great college results. Tepper badly mishandled this as well. 

For all of you yammering on about how you're going to skip watching games from now on, and invest your time in other things, we all know that's horseshit. You're going to be in here rage posting and acting like your manhood's been taken from you if the team you like is losing. Get ready for this team to suck until they get some line help, and the rookies get more experience. I haven't seen less realistic expectations for a coaching staff and rookie class on this board in a looooong time. 

It's going to get worse before it gets better. Maybe buy a smoker or build yourself a nice firepit or something, so you'll have it for next year...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1