• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I get why some didn't want Watson, but it's not a happy time.

top dawg

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

It wasn’t a prediction. It was common sense.

sam darnold had been the leagues literal worst QB for three seasons. We had a college head coach who hadn’t demonstrated an ability to evaluate personnel, and hired a general manager because he could look at rhule and say “yes sir” and at tepper and say “wow how about that Microsoft huh” instead of a GM who could work with authority over rhule and diminish his weaknesses to allow his strengths to shine more prominently.

there was never anything scandalous about it. Only scandalous people who can’t hear criticism.

"wow how about that Microsoft"?  Really?

Vine Ok GIF

5 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I just don't see the talent there at LBer and OL to think we're close. Those two areas are vital to us getting over the hump outside of QB. 

Def . We have our flaws for sure but this team is talented in my books when fully healthy . OL QB S TE (big weakness)  Our LB solid could use a young fast guy . But Carter pretty solid . Over playing his draft slot so far 

Edited by OhhhhCam

27 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Look at it this way: Now we can spend multiple first, second and third round picks on four new offensive linemen and a couple of linebackers this offseason. 

We don’t have a second or third round pick this upcoming draft. This poo is bleak because this is what qb purgatory is. Remember everyone laughing at the browns all those years? We’re the browns now. There was a segment of this fanbase that were literally happy when cam got cut. And we told them it could be a decade before we find a franchise qb. We’re now gonna be going into year 3 hoping we land somebody that can change the course of this franchise... the hardest position to find the guy is qb. I totally get people saying this is the bleakest time in the franchise. But trust that it can get a whole lot worse lol. I’ll just laugh at all the losers posting about giving Darnold a second season or maybe we should trade for minshew or tua. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Nah. When Rhule was hired Tepper stated this was a 5 year rebuild and that it would take time to turn things around. If you expected a magic turnaround in year two, then your expectations were too high. When they traded for Darnold, I said he should get the chance to prove he had what it takes. They gave him that chance and it hasn't given good results. Others said not to expect much from Darnold based off his past. Yet, people got fooled by a 3-0 start against bad teams playing with rookie QBs making their first starts and a depleted Saints team with a bad QB. That led to some having even higher expectations. People need to learn to manage their expectations better and consider all the facts while doing so and not letting blind hope cloud their judgement.

You're correct that Darnold hasn't made the offense better. Part of it is on the coaching/scheme/playcalling and the rest is on his surrounding cast. They refuse to run the ball to take some pressure off him. The Panthers have fielded the worst Oline I've ever seen from them and that's saying a lot considering some of the stinkers of the past. Darnold's release valve(CMC) is out once again. His WRs are dropping passes right and left and he has no dependable TEs to help. The rest is on him though. Darnold just doesn't appear to have what it takes between the ears to be a franchise QB.

As I've stated since before the draft, rebuild the Oline and add talent to the rest of the team. And I don't mean trading back for a lot of late round picks to churn the bottom of the roster. Add top talent early in the draft. Once, the Oline is at an average level, then go in on a rookie QB or see if they could talk a good vet into signing with the Panthers to make a superbowl run. Until then, let the team take their lumps and enjoy whatever you can from the games.

You're preaching to the choir. It's one thing to expect 8-9. It's another thing entirely to be happy with what looks like a worse record than last year. 

Only the naive got enamored after a 3-0 record, and honestly I didn't see many being overly enthusiastic. Maybe you do, but I don't think that it's too much to expect to beat a Giants team that is without it's star running back, receivers and has a suspect O-line and defense. Talking about low expectations...

31 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You're preaching to the choir. It's one thing to expect 8-9. It's another thing entirely to be happy with what looks like a worse record than last year. 

Only the naive got enamored after a 3-0 record, and honestly I didn't see many being overly enthusiastic. Maybe you do, but I don't think that it's too much to expect to beat a Giants team that is without it's star running back, receivers and has a suspect O-line and defense. Talking about low expectations...

As I've stated before, I have no expectations for the Panthers in any one game this year. I still think they'll win 6-9 games and Rhule keeps his job unless he quits. Brady will be the scapegoat unless he quits. The OT coach will probably also be a scapegoat. Then again, special teams have been bad special for so long, it probably doesn't matter who is coaching them.

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

First off, Deshaun Watson apparently rejected the Panthers.

Mr. Whip-It-Out isn't calling the shots, so by definition he did not "reject" the Panthers ..

...Texans ownership & management are calling the shots.  

Edited by SizzleBuzz

4 hours ago, onmyown said:

i don’t understand why this FO and staff just thought they could hand pick pick their qb

this team averages 6 wins a season since 2017…take out 2017 and it’s like barely 5 lol

any worthwhile qb FA is going to have a choice  and they’re not going to choose this fuging Browns 2.0 skid mark…

yea, surprise Tep, free will is a thing, should’ve drafted mac jones and picked up and extra second rounder at that

They would have ruined Mac Jones.  He’s way better off in NE. 

• Beer 1

55 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Mr. Whip-It-Out isn't calling the shots, so by definition he did not "reject" the Panthers ..

...Texans ownership & management are calling the shots.  

You do know what a no-trade clause is. The tweet said he waived his clause for Miami only. Who's calling the shots means nothing, and doesn't change our situation.

14 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

We are veering dangerously close into the Lions lane of fandom, and I fear we won't get out of it once we're there, for quite awhile. 

This is what happens when you can't get compatible GM-HC-QB combo to generate energy and bring some pull to the organization from a free agency perspective.  They simply can't generate buzz & attract.  And medium-markets can do it, it's been done and not impossible (see: Buffalo).  We simply needed someone like Cam or Smitty+Jake in the past.  But even in those cases, it was at the expense of Hurney-building so we never made it sustain or really built for long term success.    

Stafford never had the right people building around him in Detroit and was wasting away.     

So yep, the closest we got to great fandom and buzzworthy status was Cam lifting the team in 2015 with an overachieving Ron (McDermott) & the other being Fox's D with Delhomme-Smitty in their prime.  

CMC is not exciting, DJ Moore is not bringing people to the seats, and Rhule is looking like a used-car salesman.  And their lame attempts with TB and Darnold are laughable. 

Even the crap teams have guys for fans to look forward to, I.E. Lawrence in JAX, Mac in NE, Wilson in NYJ, Lance in SF, they're at least taking shots at a franchise guy.  We sat with a degrading Jake for years, same thing once it was obvious we broke Cam.  Now, we're in no mans land.

We are indeed veering towards Lions territory if the staff can't steer this ship back in order until we luck into a good rookie QB to lift the franchise.  Because we clearly aren't getting a top FA at the spot.