• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms: People have caught on to the Panthers offense.

Tbe

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

No OC in the league could make this work. I had issues with some of Brady’s situational playcalling but he is scheming people open on a regular basis.

everything that a certain segment of this fanbase said cam was; inaccurate and dumb is actually what Darnold is. He is without a doubt the dumbest qb in the league.

i just think he (sam) has problems processing situations quickly. maybe what he was trying to say was that his body moves faster than his brain? (thinking about that clip that zod posted in that other thread.)

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah but whats a "competent vet" in your eyes?  Teddy B would probably fit that category, and we didn't exactly light the scoreboard up last year either.  Although it WAS dramatically better than the shitshow they're trotting out there for the last month.  I think there is plenty of blame to go around on all sides. 

Teddy was close but he was critically flawed in his ability to take an occasional chance. Give me a Derek Carr, Jimmy G or even Jared Goff. Nothing great, just a decent starting quality NFL QB. 

If we are still looking at the same BS, then it's definitely mostly Brady's fault.  

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i just think he (sam) has problems processing situations quickly. maybe what he was trying to say was that his body moves faster than his brain? (thinking about that clip that zod posted in that other thread.)

I think he just has problems processing in general. IMO, it's because he is such a career inexperienced guy. Reading these defenses isn't second nature to him like a lot of the QB's that you see in the NFL with years upon years of QB experience. 

Sam literally didn't have that so I don't think he really developed as a QB. Perhaps had he stayed all four years at USC, it would have put him on a better track but then again, maybe he just doesn't have "it." 

He wouldn't be the first bust QB to just not be able to see the field. 

Edited by kungfoodude

That was an interesting segment.

The problem is, we have no other choices.  No offense to PJ, but his execution of the offense is probably not much better.  His accuracy along with WRs who have been dropping the ball like crazy the past few weeks is not a good recipe for success.  I don't know that a practice squad QB is going to do anything either.

The reality is that the Panthers coaches have to fix things on their end.  They have to coach Sam, make a competitive game plan, and figure it out.  I'm not holding out much hope for the rest of the season, but that's what needs to happen.

No one is coming to rescue you.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think he just has problems processing in general. IMO, it's because he is such a career inexperienced guy. Reading these defenses isn't second nature to him like a lot of the QB's that you see in the NFL with years upon years of QB experience. 

Sam literally didn't have that so I don't think he really developed as a QB. Perhaps had he stayed all four years at USC, it would have put him on a better track but then again, maybe he just doesn't have "it." 

He wouldn't be the first bust QB to just not be able to see the field. 

He makes terribly slow decisions, and he holds onto the ball FOREVER because of said slow decisions.  Its just becoming painfully obvious that Sam is not, and never will be, a high level starter in the NFL.  Sucks too, because I had high hopes after our success the first few weeks, but that was Fools Gold.  Turns out CMC just masked all the problems this offense really has. But even then, something is different this last month because Sam was hitting guys in stride, on time consistently the first few weeks.  I think hes just taken such a beating from our poo o-line, that hes again "seeing ghosts".  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

He makes terribly slow decisions, and he holds onto the ball FOREVER because of said slow decisions.  Its just becoming painfully obvious that Sam is not, and never will be, a high level starter in the NFL.  Sucks too, because I had high hopes after our success the first few weeks, but that was Fools Gold.  Turns out CMC just masked all the problems this offense really has. But even then, something is different this last month because Sam was hitting guys in stride, on time consistently the first few weeks.  I think hes just taken such a beating from our poo o-line, that hes again "seeing ghosts".  

I think he was helped by playing poor or depleted opponents, having CMC and the opponents not having much tape on the Brady/Darnold combo yet. Now the offense is predictable and there is no CMC to demand LB or S coverage and create mismatches all game. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

call up James Morgan from the PS and see what he can do lol. In all seriousness I hope rhule does take over playcalling so he can see up close and personal how much Darnold fuging sucks and wallow in that exactly how Brady has had to wallow in their past 2 qbs. If I were Brady I’d be getting out of this org ASAP before they try to ruin my reputation.

Actually, I'm serious :

Call up James Morgan.

This season is shot to hell, and both PJ and Sam suck donkey-dong.

Might as well see what this guy has if he sucks just as much or not.

Edited by glenwo2

44 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It’s a combo of football dumb and processing but those overlap quite a bit. In year four you should be recognizing easy defensive concepts presnap and know where the ball should go. In that video Simms was pretty clear that he has no clue what he’s doing. Day 1 concepts that SEVERELY limit what Brady can do. Yes Brady has some bad calls, every single OC does. It is severely overblown on this forum. But you add in the fact Sam barely knows easy concepts (I honestly don’t know how this is even possible in year 4 of his career) and how limiting that is to Brady to open the playbook to not be repetitive. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jtm said:

CMC changes everything and you'll see a different offense once he is back.  Fortunately or unfortunately, during CMC's absence, Brady and Darnold have been exposed.  

Is there even any guarantee that hes going to come back this year at this point?  And even if he does, itll probably be for 2 games or so until he gets a hang nail or something that lands him on IR for the rest of the season.  Hes a transcendent talent, but damn he never plays anymore!!  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1