• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms: People have caught on to the Panthers offense.

Tbe

I realize in the online world we try to oversimplify everything to a single issue or cause for the sake of arguing all day long. Reality allows for there to be serious issues with more than one aspect that compound to give you outcomes like we saw on Sunday. We clearly see Darnold struggle. We have had this supported by various people with at least some ability to analyze QB play. We have observed reoccurring  issues with red zone and 3rd quarter offense. We have seen Rhule mention the play calling. We have had this supported by several sources with at least some ability to analyze an offense.

Both aspects and a poo OL, streaky receivers, and missing our fragile best player combine to give us problems.. 

• Pie 2

The level of hate some of you have for Brady is comical. 

OL is worst in the league. QB bottom tier. Don’t get me wrong there are a lot of concept things Brady calls at times I’m not a fan of but but overall it’s tough to succeed as an OC if your running game can’t pick up a few keys yards on 3rd downs. Your QB is struggling with progressions. 

Again, year 2 of a FULL tear down rebuild. One of the two coordinators was bound to get the short end of the stick.  

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I realize in the online world we try to oversimplify everything to a single issue or cause for the sake of arguing all day long. Reality allows for there to be serious issues with more than one aspect that compound to give you outcomes like we saw on Sunday. We clearly see Darnold struggle. We have had this supported by various people with at least some ability to analyze QB play. We have observed reoccurring  issues with red zone and 3rd quarter offense. We have seen Rhule mention the play calling. We have had this supported by several sources with at least some ability to analyze an offense.

Both aspects and a poo OL, streaky receivers, and missing our fragile best player combine to give us problems.. 

Thank you for a level headed comment and not another ‘twitter’ take.

4 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

These are the dumbest takes. Nobody is making up a new NFL offense. People always knew what the Pats were going to do. It’s about executing it and not being sloppy.

I think you are having a different discussion. It's not about making up a new offense. It's about knowing the types of routes that will be run regularly and positioning the defense favorably.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, joemac said:

Is there even any guarantee that hes going to come back this year at this point?  And even if he does, itll probably be for 2 games or so until he gets a hang nail or something that lands him on IR for the rest of the season.  Hes a transcendent talent, but damn he never plays anymore!!  

Agree and I think the coaches tell him not to come back when we stink.  Not sure why I think this, but if we have a playoff team I suspect CMC will be out there.  

5 hours ago, joemac said:

Yeah but whats a "competent vet" in your eyes?  Teddy B would probably fit that category, and we didn't exactly light the scoreboard up last year either.  Although it WAS dramatically better than the shitshow they're trotting out there for the last month.  I think there is plenty of blame to go around on all sides. 

True, but it's not just the QB. The OL is awful, too. It's tough to gauge any OC with this kind of awful talent to work with at both the OL AND QB.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, jtm said:

Agree and I think the coaches tell him not to come back when we stink.  Not sure why I think this, but if we have a playoff team I suspect CMC will be out there.  

Same exact thing that happened last year, IMO...but at what point do you make him come out there and earn his highest RB salary in NFL history?  All I know is that the week he got hurt, he was barely even limping and they called it a "less than Grade 1 strain", now its 6 weeks later and who knows when hes going to return.  Either his injury was much worse than they said originally, or someone is lying to us all. 

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Same exact thing that happened last year, IMO...but at what point do you make him come out there and earn his highest RB salary in NFL history?  All I know is that the week he got hurt, he was barely even limping and they called it a "less than Grade 1 strain", now its 6 weeks later and who knows when hes going to return.  Either his injury was much worse than they said originally, or someone is lying to us all. 

No idea and I'm glad I don't have to make this decision.  Elite RBs seem to get about 5 years then they decline and clearly the Panthers are trying to maximize CMC's 5 years.