• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It took Rivera a while to win too

ENCPantherfan2

Or did y'all forget? We are in the exact same spot right now that we were in the early Rivera Era. We didn't think he would even see year 3 (barley did according to reports), everyone wanted him gone, etc. 

Heck, it took him until Week 5 his 3rd season to actually have his coaching come to fruition (reports then said that Richardson was preparing to hire a search firm after the Cardinals loss), then 11-1 happened. The team bought in, destroyed the Giants that week and I think we can all say that the Rivera Era was good all things considered. 

I say that to say this, give Rhule time. He may flip a switch, he may not. Things look grim now, but fortune could always change.

• Pie 9

Rivera’s first two drafts: Cam Newton, Luke Kuechly 

Rhule’s first two drafts: Derrick Brown, Jaycee Horn

Cam and Luke changed the future overnight. Derrick Brown? Who the hell takes a run stuffer that cannot rush the passer with the 7th overall pick? 

Edited by Squid Game
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 7

Ron was also reportedly going to be fired at the end of the 2012 season before he ripped of a streak in December. 

He was also going to be fired when we started 1-3 in 2013 before his seat got hot and Riverboat Ron was born. 

Ron never won because he was a good coach. I blame him a lot for Super Bowl 50. He was carried to whatever success he had. 

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

Or did y'all forget? We are in the exact same spot right now that we were in the early Rivera Era. We didn't think he would even see year 3 (barley did according to reports), everyone wanted him gone, etc. 

Heck, it took him until Week 5 his 3rd season to actually have his coaching come to fruition (reports then said that Richardson was preparing to hire a search firm after the Cardinals loss), then 11-1 happened. The team bought in, destroyed the Giants that week and I think we can all say that the Rivera Era was good all things considered. 

I say that to say this, give Rhule time. He may flip a switch, he may not. Things look grim now, but fortune could always change.

Rivera and Fox were both in the postseason by year 3.  Both found their QB by year 2. 

• Pie 3

You could see the potential in our two young stars Kuechly and Cam in 2012. Cam needed weapons and a bit more refinement. Kuechly needed better defensive tackles because Mcclain and Fua were ass.

Rhule's team has no identity. The defense has been figured out and the offense is fuging terrible with it's only keystone player being a constantly injured running back. The team has tons of holes that they don't know how to fix. Their only good coordinator is old as hell, and their young offensive coordinator can't scheme without an elite running back.

In short, fug this team, and fug Rhule. He ain't figuring poo out anytime soon.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1