• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft OL1, not necessarily OT1

Icege

We could see as many as 4 OL go before we pick, even if we tank.  There are some really bad OLs ahead of us in the draft.  I wouldn't shock me to see a record amount of OL going in round 1 this year.

The '08 draft had 7 tackles, and 1 OG selected in the first round.  This year could rival that.  The '20 draft had 6 tackles and 1 center taken on day 1.

Edited by 45catfan

47 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We could see as many as 4 OL go before we pick, even if we tank.  There are some really bad OLs ahead of us in the draft.  I wouldn't shock me to see a record amount of OL going in round 1 this year.

The '08 draft had 7 tackles, and 1 OG selected in the first round.  This year could rival that.  The '20 draft had 6 tackles and 1 center taken on day 1.

Nah, if we pick 8ish we will still have a look at a good tackle/iol prospect.  There are 2 superstar pass rushers that will go in the top 5, a premier corner as well.  Plus 2 of the teams will be in the qb market.  So I think we will be set if we want to get a tackle

• Pie 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My favorite draft site now has the big 3 OTs at #2, #4 and #8...Neal, Ekwonu and Cross respectively. This OT class is deep AND top heavy.  WE ARE IDIOTS if we pass up an OT at #6!  Crap, I wouldn't mind using that second 5th or the 6th rounder on another tackle as a developmental/backup type. 

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

The last time three OTs went in the top 10 was 2013 and those were: Eric Fischer #1, Luke Joeckel #2 and Lane Johnson #4.  Two of the three panned out extremely well.   Joeckel was viewed as a bust, but had two really bad season-ending injuries in his first four years and the may have played a part in it.

20 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The last time three OTs went in the top 10 was 2013 and those were: Eric Fischer #1, Luke Joeckel #2 and Lane Johnson #4.  Two of the three panned out extremely well.   Joeckel was viewed as a bust, but had two really bad season-ending injuries in his first four years and the may have played a part in it.

I had forgotten how awful the 2013 draft was until I went back and checked.

1. KC - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
2. JAX - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
3. MIA - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
4. PHI - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
5. DET - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
6. CLE - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
7. ARI - Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC
8. STL - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
9. NYJ - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
10. TEN - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
11. SD - DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama
12. OAK - DJ Hayden, CB, Houston
13. NYJ - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzou
14. CAR - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
15. NO - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
16. BUF - EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State
17. PIT - Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
18. SF - Eric Reid, S, LSU
19. NYG - Justin Pugh, OL, Syracuse
20. CHI - Kyle Long, OG, Oregon
21. CIN - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
22. ATL - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
23. MIN - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
24. IND - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
25. MIN - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
26. GB - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
27. HOU - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
28. DEN - Sylvester Williams, DT, UNC
29. MIN - Cordarrelle Patterson, RB/WR, Tennessee
30. STL - Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
31. DAL - Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
32. BAL - Matt Elam, S, Florida

That top half especially is horrendous. Thank goodness that Star fell.

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 1

Your right Brady seemed to fill the  roll at left tackle we paid moton on the right Tyler linderbaum is the logical pick in the first consider all most of the pressure came from the middle. Blue chip center Fa guard and draft one or two which we will have more draft capital if linderbaum is the Target we will trade down a few times.

Edited by Panfan35