• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brendan Haywood: The Hornets are exciting and for real

jayboogieman

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I don’t see us being a real contender to win the East just yet. But we are playing really well right now while Terry and PJ have been injured. Bouknight and Kai haven’t even seen the court. If we can make a move for a center, I can see us making a run like Atlanta last year. 

Edited by Squid Game

10 hours ago, Squid Game said:

I don’t see us being a real contender to win the East just yet. But we are playing really well right now while Terry and PJ have been injured. Bouknight and Kai haven’t even seen the court. If we can make a move for a center, I can see us making a run like Atlanta last year. 

Why did they even draft Bouknight to begin with?  They've got a log-jam with young, talented back court players.  Im struggling to find a scenario where Bouk gets any significant run anytime soon unless someone gets injured. 

20 minutes ago, joemac said:

Why did they even draft Bouknight to begin with?  They've got a log-jam with young, talented back court players.  Im struggling to find a scenario where Bouk gets any significant run anytime soon unless someone gets injured. 

During the offseason, the rotation was set up to be:
PG - Ball - Ish
SG - Terry - Bouk
SF - Gordon - Oubre
PF - Miles - PJ/McD
C - Plumlee - PJ

Right now the rotation is:
PG - Ball - Ish
SG - Oubre - Martin
SF - Gordon - Martin/McD
PF - Miles - McD
C - Plumlee - Richards

No one during the offseason thought we would be getting quality minutes from all 3 of Martin, McD and Richards.. im nervous to even point out that Martin has taken a jump up especially on his Defense and 3ball.. he is a career 27% 3pt shooter and is connecting at 50% right now.. he did a great job of locking up Harden during the Nets game..

McD right now - is shooting 70% from 3pt land.. and Richards has come in while Plumlee gets some air, and the defense hasn't fallen off a cliff - he looks like a serviceable NBA center..

All that to say - Bouknight was supposed come into the Monk role but with the way Martin is playing - he is not needed right now.. if Martin was playing like he was at the end of last year, I'm sure Bouk would be pushing for minutes..

• Pie 1