• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AJ Bouye (Teams showing interest?)

CarolinaLivin

20 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Never said one move would fix anything. Just said the offense needs help.

There is no help for the offense coming through that door. Competent QB's are going to be hard to pry away. Competent OL is probably going to be almost as hard.

The only thing that is going to help is for Darnold or PJ to start playing like a real NFL QB. I say that because as little hope as there is of that, there is far less hope that our OL suddenly starts playing like an average unit.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

That's the rub. You trade away your talent, it makes improving your team more difficult.

That's the part that I've never understood.

We've got folks here bitching about the lack of talent, so let's offload talent and take a shot at not being able to replace them?

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Bouye isn’t long term talent. Right now we’ve got Horn, CJ, Hartsfield (played well at slot) and Taylor as the future. Bouye isn’t the future and to be honest a high priced Donte doesn’t look to be either. If you sign Donte, then we wasted what will be an early 3rd (great for C/G) for nothing.

We aren’t playoff bound this year so get what you can since we’ve got no day 2 picks which is bad for bolstering this piss poor OL.

Not sure why you quoted me? 

We were talking about Burns, and Chinn primarily. Or at least that's what I was referring to. You cannot lose your to shelf talent.

Donte could price himself off the team. And we aren't trading CMC. Almost anyone else is on the table.

Edited by iamhubby1

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

Is Bouye getting us to the playoffs this year or next year? Is he part of the long term rebuild? Do you actually think we have a shot this year?

He’s a fine fill in for Horn to keep us from being even worse, but do you want our CBs to be Horn, CJ and Taylor/Hartsfield? I really do and if it looks like they can be then you get picks for guys you don’t want to pay $15M a year for or aren’t in your post 2022 plan. This year is toast so don’t hang on to guys with value that you don’t see as long term pieces. It’s the perfect year to be a player. Anderson would have been fine too, but we threw a don’t trade me contract on him. Heck, Gilmore if he shows out tomorrow could also be great trade material since he can only garner a 5th round comp max.

If someone was suggesting getting rid of Moore or CMC or Moton or YGM or Burns then I’d agree because you are creating a big void. CB is our deepest position with young talent. Since this year is done, Horn is part of that talent as is CJ as he learns/develops. Donte, Bouye and Gilmore could all have trade value and not ding the future of our CB position. That’s a win win.

I would rather have Gilmore, Jackson, Bouye, Horn, Henderson, and Taylor than Horn, Henderson, Taylor, Hartsfield, STO3, and Troy Pride Jr. What type of draft capital are you getting for Bouye? An eighth day 3 pick? We're not getting a 2nd or a 3rd for him, so what's the point when he's only going to count $1.2M against the cap next season?

Very few players on this team have contracts longer than 2-3 years right now. If you look at most of the names, the roster is set to be blown up after next year if things don't look up. Offloading what limited known talent we do have for a chance to fail at accumulating more talent again seems like... well... to put it bluntly, a really bad idea. Especially when the team after tomorrow can literally be one game out of the wildcard behind New Orleans whom they already hold a win over.

We aren't mathematically out yet, so acting like we are is not only self destructive but the polar opposite of the team's "Keep Pounding" motto. We've had a rough month of football, and if things look just as bad if not worse then by all means, let's pull the ripcord on this bitch and spend another 2 years in roster churn purgatory.

Edited by Icege