• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam

ladypanther

2 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Wow.  I hope that was the last play of Sams’ Panthers career…..you get a high draft pick with your 1st, but if you don’t fix that line, your rookie will be expendable even if you don’t wish it.  Backup gig is not bad in the NFL.

Maybe that was Brady’s plan, so he can get his own young QB. 

Pretty sad comment don't ya think? Really make one wonder.

12 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Wow.  I hope that was the last play of Sams’ Panthers career…..you get a high draft pick with your 1st, but if you don’t fix that line, your rookie will be expendable even if you don’t wish it.  Backup gig is not bad in the NFL.

Maybe that was Brady’s plan, so he can get his own young QB. 

Well there are some hard truths to that game. Yes Sam played with heart and guts but he was getting the running opportunities because of his glaring passing deficiencies. It looked pretty clear to me Joe Brady's gameplan was to limit Sam's mistakes as much as possible. The short throws to Adbdullah who is an asset were very reminiscent of the CMC plays from our 3-0 stretch. But when we asked Sam for more downfield you saw what the answer was. This was against a Falcons team that had been giving up 30 ppg on defense. Sam is what he is at this point and a close win against a bad Falcons team who is right there with us in the cellar of the division doesn't change that.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

It was a step he had to take and he took it with a woeful oline and receivers that,couldn’t catch a cold 

he also checked out of calls, it appeared, into proper play all against the defense 

I give Sam a lot of credit today aNd yes it was the Falcons and yes, the Panthers ran a lot but they got a W. The Defense got a W   The special,tea,s got a W 

lets,hope he recovers as concussions are no joke 

and let’s just be happy for a W today. It’s been a month.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, mwright350 said:

That play call where he got rocked boggled my mind.  Sam had bounced back a little from the disaster that the last few weeks were so let's run him like a RB (while we have two of those doing well) and get him lit the fug up one play after he got forearmed in the head already.  Knowing full damn well that PJ fuging Walker is the only other option on the roster.

Wut.

I hope he heals up quickly - he absolutely played his face off.

Not having a real NFL backup is gonna really cost us one of these days. 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Pretty sad comment don't ya think? Really make one wonder.

It is, not surprising, unfortunately.  Over the years I’ve had the great pleasure to speak to a number of our former players, including several that ended up in the Pro HOF…every one said the same thing, the NFL is strictly business, they play for the money, that college is where they played with their love and heart.  NFL fans only think of them if they win, and when you’re not useful anymore, they move on. Major reason why a player like Troy Polamalu will not participate in Steeler reunions, but he does visit his alma mater and is there when asked to come.

It’s the Roman rabble in the coliseum mentality.

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No offense but you aren't putting a real QB in danger. Darnold is expendable on offense.

Dude, no. There's enough of a drop off at QB that he is in no way expendable. PJ tried to give the game away on his 1st or 2nd snap.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

It is, not surprising, unfortunately.  Over the years I’ve had the great pleasure to speak to a number of our former players, including several that ended up in the Pro HOF…every one said the same thing, the NFL is strictly business, they play for the money, that college is where they played with their love and heart.  NFL fans only think of them if they win, and when you’re not useful anymore, they move on. Major reason why a player like Troy Polamalu will not participate in Steeler reunions, but he does visit his alma mater and is there when asked to come.

It’s the Roman rabble in the coliseum mentality.

Unfortunately you may be right.