• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam

ladypanther

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He was the same guy he has always been. 

If you are crowing about a 13/24 for 129 yds and no TD's....I mean, I don't know what to say. 

Name any average QB in the NFL that would be acceptable.

So, because it didn't meet your standards. Everyone else is wrong? Got it.

Why not add the 4 drops? 

We won, and you still gotta be you.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He was the same guy he has always been. 

If you are crowing about a 13/24 for 129 yds and no TD's....I mean, I don't know what to say. 

Name any average QB in the NFL that would be acceptable.

How many drops?

DJ was what a 30yd TD

Tremble was how far?

Robby was over a 20yd drop

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

@glenwo2 nailed it. What Sam did today that has folks raving is that he didn't turn it over. At this point, that alone basically qualifies as a "good game".

The balls he threw were good passes.

As usual he was under pressure a lot.

Is he supposed to apologize for passes he didn't throw? Or the times he had to throw it away?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In pass protection the OL was as atrocious as ever. I made numerous posts in the game thread that they run blocked well today.

I'll take a win and zero sacks over his passes were rushed each and every time. I know you want the Tar Heel QB here and all ... but come on, man.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

How many drops?

DJ was what a 30yd TD

Tremble was how far?

Robby was over a 20yd drop

All drops aren’t created equal. Several of those drops today just aren’t great balls.   The pass to Freeman.   The one to Tremble.  A lot of his drops are asking a lot of the receiver.  And those aren’t even receivers.  Hell, Robby’s wasn’t even a drop.  He got his soul knocked out of him for a minute. 

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

The balls he threw were good passes.

As usual he was under pressure a lot.

Is he supposed to apologize for passes he didn't throw? Or the times he had to throw it away?

We've had to redesign our offense into a stall ball offense because of our deficiencies at QB and OL. We've had to basically just ask Sam not to turn it over and hope our running game and defense can deliver the W. It is what it is.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

All drops aren’t created equal. Several of those drops today just aren’t great balls.   The pass to Freeman.   The one to Tremble.  A lot of his drops are asking a lot of the receiver.  And those aren’t even receivers.  Hell, Robby’s wasn’t even a drop.  He got his soul knocked out of him for a minute. 

Olsen caught those same balls for Cam.

Steve caught those same balls for Jake.

If it hits your hands it never hits the ground. That's the standard.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'll take a win and zero sacks over his passes were rushed each and every time. I know you want the Tar Heel QB here and all ... but come on, man.

I'd live to have Howell but at the end of the day I just want us to get a franchise QB who can have us potentially compete for a SB. You can't compete for a SB playing stall ball and I think that's why we were so hesitant to revamp our offense like we honestly needed to do weeks ago. We were hoping the light would come on for Sam. It's not gonna happen so now we're basically running a backup QB style of offense.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've had to redesign our offense into a stall ball offense because of our deficiencies at QB and OL. We've had to basically just ask Sam not to turn it over and hope our running game and defense can deliver the W. It is what it is.

Our OL is the issue plain and simple. 

Even today. He had times he couldn't step into it or had to let it go early and pray.

You people gave Cam all the slack and benefit of the doubt you could and he had 10 times Sam's natural talent. 

It's very telling from the Prius crew.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

This is the NFL. If you get 2 hands on it, which every receiver did today, catch the dang ball.

Now let's see you spin that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Olsen caught those same balls for Cam.

Steve caught those same balls for Jake.

If it hits your hands it never hits the ground. That's the standard.

Rookie Tremble isn’t Pro Bowl Greg Olsen.  That would have been a crazy great catch if he pulled it off.  Sam might of dropped it in by it was still to his outstretched fingers. 

Rookie Tremble isn’t HOF 89.  Neither is Freeman. 

and the whole of it hits your hands then you should catch narrative is a repeated falsehood.  It’s like Cam throwing a rocket 4 yards downfield.  Cam needed touch on a lot of throws and too often had 1 speed.  So those balls were on Cam just as much as anyone else. 

• Poo 1