• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam

ladypanther

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've already explained the fallacy you're making. At this point you're just making yourself look bad with these laughable equivalencies.

BS it's not.

You guys have had a vendetta against the guy since before Day 1.

When we signed him I considered it a 3 year project. 

Cam never ever had a line this bad.

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Every ball not caught isn’t created equal.  That’s just nonsensical. 

Sam has been the worst starting QB in the NFL for the last 4 seasons.  Yeah, he catches more hell than other people.  Well, maybe not Robby on the year.  Robby deserves his fair share.   But I don’t fault Robby for the ball he didn’t catch today.  

Drops are a statistic. Ball hits hands, then hits ground. That's a drop. Stop with trying to quantify it. 

Jesus dude. You know, you're right. Sam sucked, we should have lost. That would teach us.

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Cam made the same throws.

Brady makes the same throws.

Brady is throwing those to the GOAT TE.  Cam to a Pro Bowl TE.  And if the ball is in on their finger tips…it’s low odds for them too.  Probably better than a rookie who hasn’t caught a lot of balls but still low. 

57 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

What was he thinking?

He was thinking if I score here we win I'm getting in the end zone.

That's how winners think.

Guess it’s a matter of opinion.  Darnold was at least five yards away and was not going to bulldoze over defenders there. I’d rather my starting QB not play like a RB in that situation.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Brady is throwing those to the GOAT TE.  Cam to a Pro Bowl TE.  And if the ball is in on their finger tips…it’s low odds for them too.  Probably better than a rookie who hasn’t caught a lot of balls but still low. 

First. There are a bunch of TEs better than Gronk. lol

Second. Making excuses does not diminish the original sin. Drops cost us today. We have 24 for the year. It's okay. You can admit it.

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

@glenwo2 nailed it. What Sam did today that has folks raving is that he didn't turn it over. At this point, that alone basically qualifies as a "good game".

In case many don't know what Linville is talking about.

It's this post from ANOTHER thread that is probably buried under the endless pile of poo :

Any time Sam does not throw an INT in a game, I'd call him "very good" for him.

That's where I've arrived at with him at this point. 

Sure he didn't toss a TD (even though he should've been credited with one with DJ) but no INTs is always a good thing.

Oh and no Turnovers aka Fumbles either so that's good as well.

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

All drops aren’t created equal. Several of those drops today just aren’t great balls.   The pass to Freeman.   The one to Tremble.  A lot of his drops are asking a lot of the receiver.  And those aren’t even receivers.  Hell, Robby’s wasn’t even a drop.  He got his soul knocked out of him for a minute. 

oh come the fug on.... 🤣

This is the NFL, not some church social.

"Asking a lot."  Oh poor receivers have to do their fuging jobs and not drop passes...BOO HOO. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't have a vendetta against him. I'm not upset at Darnold. He is what he is. I'm upset at the decision makers who brought him here expecting something different. The OL featuring Bell at LT and Chandler at RT was even worse than this one. You just clinged to Darnold because he looks like what you want a your QB to look like. Sorry it didn't work out 

DUDE. Tell me you didn't just race bate this guy? OK, I think it's time for a change here.

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

First. There are a bunch of TEs better than Gronk. lol

Second. Making excuses does not diminish the original sin. Drops cost us today. We have 24 for the year. It's okay. You can admit it.

Gronk is the GOAT of TEs.  

you seem to be unable to admit Sam has something to do with high drop amount.   I simply talk about all the factors that are going into it.   

the “drops” cost us just as much as having a QB so bad that it forced our staff into that game plan.