Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

So this was or wasn’t a hospital ball by Darnold?


TheBigKat
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gmonjimbo said:

I agree ball was late. Tendency with Darnold is he holds onto the ball too long and is slow with his progressions.

On a side note I do understand the gripe of our no.1 and no.2 receivers not making plays unless the ball is thrown between the numbers with no defender in sight. 

Robby is WR #6

Edited by ChibCU
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is Sam's biggest issue, he cannot throw to a receiver on time, he holds on to the ball way too late and can't throw a receiver open, and he only throws when he sees a receiver stay open for a few seconds, which is when the defense already collapses

It's also why I don't blame the WR's so much for the drops, I'm willing to bet the WR room absolutely hates Sam

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbie wears 11 because he weighs 11 pounds. Any ball you throw him over the middle/running parallel to the LOS, including wind in outdoor stadiums could be considered hospital balls. It was a 20 yard throw towards the sideline. Great break by the defensive player when DJ was not selling the fake. That’s what pissed me off the most. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CRA said:

well, post DJ jogging before the defender was breaking on Sam's pass to Robbie. 

I think this is a textbook example of letting an announcer reshape what actually happened.  Ball was late, which allowed the defender the opportunity to break on the pass to Robby.    Sam needed to put some real mustard on that one since it was late. 

What is more common the year? Sam making a textbook late throw or DJ loafing it? 

 

After the slide 5 yards from any defender and his alligator arms on another play, it seems like guys are being a bit selective about their efforts. I don’t think I’d say we have been putting in our best efforts on offense.

Personally, I’ll throw Brady in there as well. DJ could have also cut up field to bring the safety along with him. That safety was really close to Robby so all he had to see was the throw or DJ not going full speed and he breaking towards Robby. Even if the balls there a little earlier that safety still hits him hard. He was too close to make breaking off his coverage easy.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stbugs said:

After the slide 5 yards from any defender and his alligator arms on another play, it seems like guys are being a bit selective about their efforts. I don’t think I’d say we have been putting in our best efforts on offense.

Personally, I’ll throw Brady in there as well. DJ could have also cut up field to bring the safety along with him. That safety was really close to Robby so all he had to see was the throw or DJ not going full speed and he breaking towards Robby. Even if the balls there a little earlier that safety still hits him hard. He was too close to make breaking off his coverage easy.

front office should of put better effort into the QB spot. 

Now this season is basically complaining about all the things Sam Darnold makes worse by being our QB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

front office should of put better effort into the QB spot. 

Now this season is basically complaining about all the things Sam Darnold makes worse by being our QB. 

Clearly you aren’t a Sam fan (I have no idea if he’ll ever work out) but he’s been putting in his best effort all year. Taken a lot of hits and just getting the all out and running hard and taking a big hit. If other players aren’t then that’s on them. Blaming Sam for a hard hit on Robby by a guy who was covering another player on a clear out seems odd. Either DJ didn’t try to sell it enough or Brady's play calling let the S know early that where it was going.

  • Beer 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are objective, DJ didn't do his job.

 

If you hate Sam, it was his fault.

 

Robbie finally caught a pass, and he got popped. Maybe that's why he drops so many passes. Doesn't want to get hit.

 

And LOL at folks who claim that Sanchez, because he was a bad QB, doesn't know football. You know who you are.

  • Pie 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CRA said:

89 has a lot of hot takes that aren't always  right IMO.  That's literally what he is paid for these days. 

I think 89 in large part took issue with DJ's personality and demanor.   And that's just who he is.   He has a nonchalant vibe to him that simply is what it is. 

Smitty expects Moore to be an asshole too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Clearly you aren’t a Sam fan (I have no idea if he’ll ever work out) but he’s been putting in his best effort all year. Taken a lot of hits and just getting the all out and running hard and taking a big hit. If other players aren’t then that’s on them. Blaming Sam for a hard hit on Robby by a guy who was covering another player on a clear out seems odd. Either DJ didn’t try to sell it enough or Brady's play calling let the S know early that where it was going.

well, for the record I repeatedly said the defender on the play should mostly get credit for a great play.  They get paid too.   I do think it still a standard example of Sam being late and slow though.   And Sam routinely messes up throws and prevents plays from working as drawn up by playing them wrong and slow.  It’s consistent. 

Sam’s probably a really nice guy putting in a ton of effort.  Same would apply to PJ probably too.  So how much weight should that carry? 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

One player got a concussion trying to get a 1st down. Think on that.

Why were we running him so much though? Even with the sneaks too. Do you honestly think it had nothing at all to do with the struggles of our passing game the week before against the Giants that Sam directly contributed to?

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...