• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about the Patriots, what do you know?

Zod

2 hours ago, Ghostbusta said:

Complete shutout

PJ tosses 5 TDs runs for 2 TDs

DJ, Robbie, ShiSmith*TDs...

Expect a lot of Ameer*TD

Most points scored all season.

Carolina with the W.... because PJ All I Do Is Win Walker shows the world he belongs in the NFL.

No one can doubt him after Sunday....

I mean unless they think Darnold can go...if Darnold starts bring a pillow.

...I'll be there with my pops (patriots fan)...

So we're expecting PJ walking to go from being unable to complete 5 passes to ... Throwing 5 TDs?  

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Mac Jones just generally tries to not fug up for their defense, so we can likely get to him a little. Speaking of, their defense is slightly above average(14th in Pass/Rush DVOA). The offense is a little middling(18th rush and 14th pass DVOA). Their sacks allowed and adjusted sack rate are literally the NFL average.

Mac Jones has faced five top 12 rated(DVOA) pass defenses so far this season and has 2-3 record against them. 

Stats versus top 12 pass defenses: 

244.6 Pass Yds, 1.2 Pass TD, 1.2 INT, 66.1% Completion, 2 sacks, 7.2 rush yds, 0.2 Fumbles Lost

Stats versus non top 12 pass defenses:

258.0 Pass Yds, 1 Pass TD, 0 INT, 71.4% Completion, 1.7 sacks, 6.3 rush yds, 0 Fumbles Lost

Good info here, the patriots are a well rounded team. Being average at everything is actually impressive in the NFL with a rookie QB. Not deep playoffs impressive but they aren’t losing to any bad teams and will beat some good ones…I give Miami a pass for a rookie’s first game.

Absolutely slaughtered the Jets twice compared to our nail biter. Beat the Chargers, who I’d doubt we’d even have a chance against. Two point game vs Bucs and took Cowboys to OT. With a rookie QB.

I can see this game close early but ultimately the Patriots are going to play four full quarters and quite simply, the Panthers do not.

20-10 Patriots

4 hours ago, onmyown said:

Good info here, the patriots are a well rounded team. Being average at everything is actually impressive in the NFL with a rookie QB. Not deep playoffs impressive but they aren’t losing to any bad teams and will beat some good ones…I give Miami a pass for a rookie’s first game.

Absolutely slaughtered the Jets twice compared to our nail biter. Beat the Chargers, who I’d doubt we’d even have a chance against. Two point game vs Bucs and took Cowboys to OT. With a rookie QB.

I can see this game close early but ultimately the Patriots are going to play four full quarters and quite simply, the Panthers do not.

20-10 Patriots

I think our defense will be a problem for Jones but I think their defense is going to terrorize whatever terrible QB we suit up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

We’ll have to use the same formula we used to beat the Falcons, but running the ball against this Pats defense will be a bigger challenge.

that's what Bill hopes we do.  It will be an easy win for the Patriots if that is the masterplan vs NE.    We definately need to run but it has to been way more creative than what we did vs Atl. 

50 minutes ago, CRA said:

that's what Bill hopes we do.  It will be an easy win for the Patriots if that is the masterplan vs NE.    We definately need to run but it has to be way more creative than what we did vs Atl. 

Yeah, ATL is the 25th rated(DVOA) rush defense and NE is 17th. Not a great rush defense but still will give us much more of an issue. Plus, as we know, they will stack the box to stop our rushing attack.

If the Panthers get Christian McCaffrey back this week as projected it will give PJ Walker a needed safety valve and help them control the clock and moving the ball .

The Panthers’ defense needs to make Mac Jones have a rough day at the office, bringing continued pressure, along with good pass coverage.

If the Panthers can eliminate their turnovers and force the Patriots to make some of their own, I could see the Panthers pull an upset win.
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:
If the Panthers get Christian McCaffrey back this week as projected it will give PJ Walker a needed safety valve and help them control the clock and moving the ball .

The Panthers’ defense needs to make Mac Jones have a rough day at the office, bringing continued pressure, along with good pass coverage.

If the Panthers can eliminate their turnovers and force the Patriots to make some of their own, I could see the Panthers pull an upset win.

Who wrote that?