• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline Today @4PM

CarolinaLivin

27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's funny that someone in another thread was talking about wanting another Jake Delhomme, well guess who Baker Mayfield's career stats look a lot like?

Baker Mayfield(53 games): 62.5% completion percentage, 241.8 Pass Yards/GM, 81 TD, 46 INT, 4.7 TD%, 2.7 INT%

Jake Delhomme(first 61 games as a Panther): 59.6% completion percentage, 218.5 Pass Yds/GM, 89 TD, 58 INT, 4.8 TD%, 3.1 INT%

Don't you blaspheme in here Don't you blaspheme in here!!!!!

Baker is no Jake Delhomme not now not never. Jake was clutch as hell. He always gave us a chance.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Don't you blaspheme in here Don't you blaspheme in here!!!!!

Baker is no Jake Delhomme not now not never. Jake was clutch as hell. He always gave us a chance.

I mean come on dude, objectively Baker Mayfield is a MUCH better QB than Jake Delhomme ever thought about being, and this is coming from someone who LOVES Jake.  The only people saying any different are people on this website. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Baker Mayfield is better than every QB in this draft. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Was terrible before they put a top 5 O line in front of him and all those weapons. Getting dragged threw social media right now because he can never get the ball to Odell Beckham and even teammates are agreeing with it. But go right ahead and pay him loads of money to come here and work with less. I would rather develop a rookie then bank on Mayfield.

Browns fans don't think he is the answer either.

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean come on dude, objectively Baker Mayfield is a MUCH better QB than Jake Delhomme ever thought about being, and this is coming from someone who LOVES Jake.  The only people saying any different are people on this website. 

I don't think they are that dissimilar. Baker is obviously much more talented but they are similar style gunslingers. Baker hasn't shown he is as clutch as Jake early in his career. Jake had 12 4th Quarter Comebacks and 15 game winning drives in his first 61 games as a Panthers. Baker has 6 4th Quarter Comebacks and 7 Game Winning Drives in his first 53 games as a Brown. 

I like Baker as a comparison to Jake. Rarely a top 10 QB but someone that can hurt you when he is on. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Was terrible before they put a top 5 O line in front of him and all those weapons. Getting dragged threw social media right now because he can never get the ball to Odell Beckham and even teammates are agreeing with it. But go right ahead and pay him loads of money to come here and work with less. I would rather develop a rookie then bank on Mayfield.

Browns fans don't think he is the answer either.

They're not going to find anybody out there available in FA or the draft better than Baker, and if for some crazy reason they did decide not to re-sign him, I hope Fitty jumps all over him the second hes available. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, joemac said:

They're not going to find anybody out there available in FA or the draft better than Baker, and if for some crazy reason they did decide not to re-sign him, I hope Fitty jumps all over him the second hes available. 

And imma hope he doesn't. Thats where i stand.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1