• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Erving's "effort" on the play that got Sam hurt

trueblade

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

It was Paradis that missed him Erving didnt just half ass it though. Darnold  needs to slide in that situation in the future.

if the sam hands off paradis gets that guy easy... but it went outside... any way you slice it Irving should be heads up looking to get anything coming towards the play.

• Beer 2

22 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I don't want to rain on your parade, but it was Paradis that actually missed the block. It was his man that hit Sam. 

Tremble cleaned up Irvings miss. Irving had little impact on that play.

You can say Irving never hit anyone, but it is wrong to blame him for the hit.

Maybe, but actual engagement might have let Erving actually do something there. 'Loaf in space and do nothing with a ball carrier right in front of you getting swarmed by defenders' isn't ever a secondary or tertiary assignment.

And Paradis... no idea what he was doing either.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

if the sam hands off paradis gets that guy easy... but it went outside... any way you slice it Irving should be heads up looking to get anything coming towards the play.

Exactly he gave up and started watching the play while Sam was still behind him. This is usually a problem for WR's blocking not your LT

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, 1usctrojan said:

I don’t believe that one bit, you can’t undo what is posted…..as much as I’m not a Cam fan, I would never want to see him injured…..you had your chance with him (Cam), and your franchise failed to protect him.  Rather a “best player in franchise history” or a guy who only warms the bench, saying a player is expendable after an injury, isn’t worth even calling said person an animal.

That's up to the original poster to expound on his thoughts. I even defended Sam for the hit the defender led with his helmet. I don't understand why you don't like Cam but feel the need to speak up so much for Sam it doesn't reconcile but hey that's your prerogative. But the simple fact is unless we see a drastic change Sam does not appear to have a future in this offense. They just ran a full game where they did everything they could to limit his gaffes as a passer and It ended up getting him hurt in the process. Do you see the Giants still putting Daniel Jones out there with training wheels? Eventually you have to face facts.

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You may be fine with a Huddler saying Sam is expendable. That does not however, make it right. Grow up.

You can whine about it if you like but none of us here were the ones who put him in that situation and I said those runs would end up in a big collision eventually.

• Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

You can whine about it if you like but none of us here were the ones who put him in that situation and I said those runs would end up in a big collision eventually.

LOL you move goalposts like it's your job. Stick to the topic. Explain how calling a Panther player expendable is acceptable.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

LOL you move goalposts like it's your job. Stick to the topic. Explain how calling a Panther player expendable is acceptable.

Actually when I suggested the defender be penalized for leading with the helmet on that play you attacked me. Who is really moving the goal posts here? You aren't making much sense.

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's up to the original poster to expound on his thoughts. I even defended Sam for the hit the defender led with his helmet. I don't understand why you don't like Cam but feel the need to speak up so much for Sam it doesn't reconcile but hey that's your prerogative. But the simple fact is unless we see a drastic change Sam does not appear to have a future in this offense. They just ran a full game where they did everything they could to limit his gaffes as a passer and It ended up getting him hurt in the process. Do you see the Giants still putting Daniel Jones out there with training wheels? Eventually you have to face facts.

My opinion of Cam is strictly off field….and no, not because I think he’s a bad guy. Who said anything about Sam’s on field performance?  The criticism he has received here is just, but like anything else, how you chose your words reflect your character….I understand this is the new culture, idolize those that mock the disabled, and war heroes when they die, but I thought that southerners self promote their “good manners and southern hospitality”?

I think he’ll (Sam) make a great backup somewhere with a good line….and saying that, isn’t exactly complimentary about his play.  I think I like the Panthers, and it will be much easier to cheer for them once Sam is gone, hopefully, to a good franchise.  Hope you don’t lose too much in letting him go.