• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Henry Ruggs III

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

Obviously the deceased is the real victim here, but I can’t imagine the life shattering amount of shame and guilt Ruggs might feel right now.  Having a one in a million shot to be in the NFL and be set for life and piss it all away.  

Guilt? What guilt? Driving is a privilege, not a right. He killed an innocent person. The deceased was burnt inside his or her vehicle. Ruggs chose to drive drunk. He wasn’t forced to drive drunk. I have no sympathy for people like that. The worst he’ll get is probably 2 years in prison and that’ll likely not happen. The NFL does all it can to help their players not make these type of mistakes from the day they are drafted, just to play a game making millions. The only “shame” he’ll have is that he was caught killing someone. 

Edited by Squid Game
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, ATLpanther said:

Exactly. Any pro athlete that gets a DUI is a moron. Pay one of your dipsh*t cousins 50k a year to drive you anywhere and everywhere….24/7. 

There’s a little redneck bar on the other side of the county I live. I know some guys that drive for a tow company there. Those rednecks would get drunk and are smart enough to call the towing company to tow their cars home for $100 so they won’t get a DWI. NFL players are the dumbest people on planet Earth. 

Edited by Squid Game
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, ATLpanther said:

Exactly. Any pro athlete that gets a DUI is a moron. Pay one of your dipsh*t cousins 50k a year to drive you anywhere and everywhere….24/7. 

That or have Uber on speed dial.  Either way, there is no excuse for driving drunk.  Ruggs just killed another person in a selfish act, while pissing away the rest of his career.  He'll have to deal with a momentary lapse of reason for the rest of his life.  He had a life most could only dream of, what an idiot.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

Just read up on Leonard Little. Damn that's infuriating. And then 6 years after getting his hand slapped, he's pulled over for a DWI again.

But, this day in age, I just don't think that's possible anymore. In the era of the Internet, 24/7 news, social media, and the much derided "cancel culture," you can't hide that poo anymore. Back in the late 90s, the news cycle was a lot slower. Little, his lawyer, the NFL, they had time to huddle, collaborate and decide what was "in everyone's best interest" and put their PR spin on it before it ever got reported on.

Look at the Alec Baldwin "Rust" accident. If that had happened 20 years ago, it would have been like one of those, "You know Matthew Broderick killed someone?" kind of things. But with the rapid availability and dissemination of news, it's out in the public before it has the chance to get brushed under the rug.

Can't happen anymore. It would be a PR disaster if the Raiders kept Ruggs, or anyone picked him up. He's done.

Say what you will about "PC, outrage, cancel culture," but dammit, it holds famous people accountable the way it never did before.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Depends on the laws of the state.  I don't know what Nevada's laws are, but I do believe he will do some time.  This one will have to much notoriety not to.  

From what I've read, 2 year min jail time in NV.  Probation not an option if you kill someone.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Look at the Alec Baldwin "Rust" accident. If that had happened 20 years ago, it would have been like one of those, "You know Matthew Broderick killed someone?" kind of things. But with the rapid availability and dissemination of news, it's out in the public before it has the chance to get brushed under the rug.

I would hope all people would understand Alec Baldwin had nothing to do with what went wrong in that incident.

Not really comparable to the Broderick incident. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Squid Game said:

Guilt? What guilt? Driving is a privilege, not a right. He killed an innocent person. The deceased was burnt inside his or her vehicle. Ruggs chose to drive drunk. He wasn’t forced to drive drunk. I have no sympathy for people like that. The worst he’ll get is probably 2 years in prison and that’ll likely not happen. The NFL does all it can to help their players not make these type of mistakes from the day they are drafted, just to play a game making millions. The only “shame” he’ll have is that he was caught killing someone. 

Go re-read the post that you quoted, because I don't think it said what you think it said.

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

I would hope all people would understand Alec Baldwin had nothing to do with what went wrong in that incident.

He absolutely did. Whether you think it's loaded or unloaded, you never point a weapon at anything or anyone you don't want to destroy and you most certainly don't take for granted a weapon is "safe" unless you have unloaded it or seen it unloaded. You always treat any firearm as though it's loaded even when it's not. That's basic firearms safety 101. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Mage said:

Well, I did call it an "accident."

My point was less about comparing the severity and culpability and more that news of the Rust accident is pervasive. As illustrated in this thread. Everyone has not only already heard about it, but already has an opinion on it.

Ruggs and Little are guilty of pretty much the exact same thing. But people already heard about Ruggs, and had opinions about it long before it was widely being reported. If that had happened in the 90s, when Little's fatal collision happened, I doubt we'd even be aware of it, because it's doubtful it would have even been covered in East Coast news outlets.

39 minutes ago, Mage said:

...if i'm handed a gun, at that point I am responsible for what happens with it... it takes less than one minute to dump the barrel and reload it after verifying whats in it... jail time....

1 minute ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...if i'm handed a gun, at that point I am responsible for what happens with it... it takes less than one minute to dump the barrel and reload it after verifying whats in it... jail time....

It was supposed to be a prop gun.  Baldwin is not responsible for what is in the gun.  You would not be expected to be handed a gun on a movie set that could kill someone.  Actors are never the ones who handle the guns or what is in them.  

• Pie 3