• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 10: Canes @ Panthers (11/6)

MillionDollarCam

Oh well. Canes weren’t going 82-0. Would have been nice to beat the other unbeaten (in regulation) team, though. I’d rather they lose against the perceived best in the league than drop a trap game to end the streak.

Aho hasn’t scored a full strength goal in 5 games now. Svech can’t stay out of the box. Need these 2 to carry on nights like tonight if the Canes are going to contend.

Edited by zacka77ack
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, zacka77ack said:

Oh well. Canes weren’t going 82-0. Would have been nice to beat the other unbeaten (in regulation) team, though. I’d rather they lose against the perceived best in the league than drop a trap game to end the streak.

Aho hasn’t scored a full strength goal in 5 games now. Svech can’t stay out of the box.

Hurricanes have a ton of talent, but I’m starting wonder if theres a ceiling to Aho and Svech. And don’t take that the wrong way. I’d rather these players than most but nights like tonight are when you miss that player who won’t accept losing and becomes larger than life.

Nah if we lose Tuesday I’ll be far more concerned than tonight.

44 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

Aho hasn’t scored a full strength goal in 5 games now. Svech can’t stay out of the box. Need these 2 to carry on nights like tonight if the Canes are going to contend.

Ya, Aho, Necas and Tro need to pick things up. Yet again we are seeing the effect of missing Nino, multiplied tonight on Pesce. Short term the panthers got some pay back. Long term watching their other games, I don’t think they last at the top of the charts that long. We just need to trudge ahead and not let the injuries bare on us. 

A big issue we are going to run into is defensive play come playoff time.

I’m personally not sold on Bear and TDA is obviously a third pairing/PP defenseman.

With Nino being a UFA at seasons end and the emergence of Jarvis, I wonder if we could package him with someone like Ryan Suzuki to get a top four d-man with a little term.

As of right now I have no desire to keep Bear and I wouldn’t go more than $4.5M per year for TDA.

Edited by MillionDollarCam