• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pull Darnold, he is done.

Zod

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

IMO, NOT pulling him is throwing in the towel. We are running the most bland, vanilla offense imaginable just to try to avoid the QB turning the ball over and yet Darnold is still turning it over in droves.

Who are you going to put out there?  PJ is not an upgrade over running the Wildcat let alone at QB.  Maybe one of the practice squad scrubs can keep it under 3 turnovers but I doubt it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Who are you going to put out there?  PJ is not an upgrade over running the Wildcat let alone at QB.  Maybe one of the practice squad scrubs can keep it under 3 turnovers but I doubt it.

You gotta try something. You can't trot Darnold out there again after today. The team will completely quit on him.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You gotta try something. You can't trot Darnold out there again after today. The team will completely quit on him.

I agree, but this is a hole he cannot dig out of by just changing to one of his other scrubs.  The damage is done.  

IMO he ought to be forced to watch Sam crap the bed in every game this season. He needs to be reminded of what a horrible decision it was to go into the season with no other viable option at qb.  If it wasn't for the fact that I would be forced to endure it along with him that would be my wish.

Edited by Jon Snow

14 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Sam sucks but stop all this Teddy talk. I don’t want his ass back here, either. 

There is a chance that we will be sitting at home this year watching Bridgewater in the playoffs, so I seriously doubt he wants to come back.  

I would have preferred keeping him for a year, and drafting Jones or Fields, let them sit, learn, and spend our next offseason rebuilding the oline.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I agree, but this is a hole he cannot dig out of by just changing to one of his other scrubs.  The damage is done.  

IMO he ought to be forced to watch Sam crap the bed in every game this season. He needs to be reminded of what a horrible decision it was to go into the season with no other viable option at qb.  If it wasn't for the fact that was I would be forced to endure it along with him that would be my wish.

I'm not opposed to just flat out firing him because despite posters calling me negative and not a Panthers fan, both Teddy and Darnold turned out exactly how I said they would. It wasn't hard to predict. They are what they are. I really thought having Teddy fail would've shown them that you can't rely on reclamation projects, but no. They just doubled down and went with the polar opposite type of reclamation project. From smart but physically limited to physically talented but not mentally cut out for the NFL.

• Pie 2
  • The D 1