• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We Picked Up Sam Darnold's 5th Year Option LMFAO

Castavar

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

wrong

Cap space rolls over.  All of this money that we wasted on Sam and Teddy could have been used to help whatever QB we find in the future.  Maybe one day we draaft a QB, that $50m would help improve an O-line alot.

"whatever QB we find in the future.  Maybe one day we draaft a QB"

This terrifies me with this coaching staff. As bad as they botched finding a veteran QB, how will they evaluate and draft a rookie QB

1 hour ago, frankw said:

If you're looking for that info overthecap would be your best bet but I believe CMC's bigger salary kicks in next season so there are other variables to account for. Cutting Sam outright would make things tough for sure.

https://overthecap.com/calculator/carolina-panthers/

Damn.   Then it sounds like we're stuck with that albatross for another season. 

Just now, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I asked the deadline for picking up the option... "there is no good answer" umm yeah there is, it would be the date that they had to pick up the option

You followed up with “This would be an important factor to criticize or not.” 

Picking up Sam’s option before seeing him play would be dumb even if the deadline was before the start of the season. They doubled down on what was already a very risky move and it backfired to no one’s surprise.