• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam is done here, and if Rhule doesn't make a move, he will lose the entire team.

Proudiddy

Just now, BlackPanther21_ said:

Rhule has botched 2 straight hand-picked QB choices. If he trots out Sam next week he is waving the white flag to the entire team. 

If he benches him he has to admit he's a horrible evaluator not only with picking Darnold, but believing himself and his coaching staff could fix him. What's Rhule even good for at that point? 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Because he is special he gets to choose what he catches.  Ok I get it - makes complete sense.

Never said that.  Again, the stats show what the problem is.  Experts have broken down the tape and saw a clear shift in how he is used this season versus how he was used last season.  The whole offense sucks and is unproductive.  Robby isn't why.  He almost died trying to catch one of Sam's shitty ass passes.  TMJ got knocked out for two weeks because of the same thing.  That is why I don't hold his drops against him...  he didnt have these problems with Teddy last year, because Teddy was decisive, even if conservative, and didn't risk getting his receivers stretchered off every pass attempt.  That's why I don't blame him.  He has essentially been demoted and relegated to being a blocker because of an inept OC and QB.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

That’s not an option, an actual qb isn’t playing for this trash team (example Stafford).

Going to have to be the draft and hoping someone develops…followed by growing pains and more losing. Probably smart not to put anyone behind this line tho.

You know…a process that should’ve been started 2 years ago.

The Panthers should not have listened to Marty Hurney who thought that they just needed to find serviceable quarterback and build from there. All that does is get them to average which is what they are now.

5 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Yup, that move set this franchise back 3-4 years

The only way that Matt and Scott are safe on that call is if it were David Tepper that ask them to get rid of Teddy.   I remember that there was a lot of bad sentiment from the fans at the end of last year with Teddy’s poor play.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Never said that.  Again, the stats show what the problem is.  Experts have broken down the tape and saw a clear shift in how is used this season versus how he was used last season.  The whole offense sucks and is unproductive.  Robby isn't why.  He almost died trying to catch one of Sam's shitty ass passes.  TMJ got knocked out for two weeks because of the same thing.  That is why I don't hold his drops against him...  he didnt have these problems with Teddy last year, because Teddy was decisive, even if conservative, and didn't risk getting his receivers stretchered off every pass attempt.  That's why I don't blame him.  He has essentially been demoted and relegated to being a blocker because of an inept OC and QB.

Just gonna point out the chronic drops started that game TMJ got knocked out by the way.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Rhule has botched 2 straight hand-picked QB choices. If he trots out Sam next week he is waving the white flag to the entire team. 

The funny thing is it was Phil Snow that said that Matt Rhule should look at Sam.

I think going forward it probably would be a good idea if the defensive coordinator was not the one that was making suggestions on which quarterback should be the QB of this team.

1 hour ago, Camp Fodder said:

Just think we could have kept teddy, drafted Fields/Jones and saved 3 draft picks. 

I didn’t like teddy at all…but he sure as hell is better than Sam

still like getting horn….but there is zero doubt that giving those picks for Sam has been a disaster….and will continue to hurt us

Edited by Scott12345