• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There is no easy fix here

AU-panther

24 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

There is no easy fix for this.

Going to PJ won't fix it.  

Signing some midlevel FA won't fix it.

You have to draft a guy and give him time to develop or sell the farm for an established guy.

The worst part is you can't force it.  We might not be in position to draft a guy you actually like next year or a quality FA QB might not come available.  Maybe we have to wait 2 years.  

In the meantime you build the rest of your roster without wasting resources on players that won't help us when we finally do find our guy.

well duh now i go into hindsight mode and tell you all the moves we should've made and why my ability to be right 1/58th of the time on the internet should nominate me to be the next gm/owner/hc of the panthers 

• Beer 1

Culture on the offensive side is in the toilet. Looks like guys have no faith and frustration starting to show. Can’t keep starting Darnold and expecting the mentality to change. I think the culture on the defensive side is strong, however. Spend what few picks we have next year on OL, pick up a backup QB for a year and target the ‘23 draft for QB.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

We need a franchise QB, that cures every ill with this team. Teddy and Sam weren't/aren't leaders. Team should have gone after Tyrod Taylor. The QB's in this class sucked so drafting Fields/Jones wouldn't have changed anything, maybe there is a sleeper in this next draft ala Josh Allen

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

28 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

There is no easy fix for this.

Going to PJ won't fix it.  

Signing some midlevel FA won't fix it.

You have to draft a guy and give him time to develop or sell the farm for an established guy.

The worst part is you can't force it.  We might not be in position to draft a guy you actually like next year or a quality FA QB might not come available.  Maybe we have to wait 2 years.  

In the meantime you build the rest of your roster without wasting resources on players that won't help us when we finally do find our guy.

I agree with the strategy but you can't keep starting Darnold after performances like he's had the last month+. 

PJ is bad, yes, and isn't the answer, yes, but it's also about not losing the locker room and looking like you're trying *anything* to give your O a chance... 

i agree, you don’t go after your guy in the draft with no expenses spared and put him behind this line

have to do things properly 

this should have been started soon as Rhule stepped in the office

instead spent two years fiddling around trying to find a short cut, just delaying the process

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

well duh now i go into hindsight mode and tell you all the moves we should've made and why my ability to be right 1/58th of the time on the internet should nominate me to be the next gm/owner/hc of the panthers 

wrong.

I've said every since we signed Matt Kalil that signing players to become something they haven't shown to be in recent years is a proposition that usually doesn't work out.

Said the same with Teddy, Said the same with Sam.

None of this is surprising, nor not supported by history.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Varking said:

The fix was keep Teddy and draft Fields. Now that this did not happen the new fix is tank for a real QB. Unfortunately this draft really looks like it only has one or two that would be ready anytime soon. 

I’d take a shot on Sam Howell if he’s available. Can’t be worse… then again, need OL so might not be worth the gamble 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1