• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julian Edelman twists the knife inside a dead dog.

hepcat

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I appreciate your effort but it's a wrap for all that man. It's either PJ or one of the practice squad quarterbacks. Sam is unsalvageable and for the good of the locker room you can't bring that back out there and expect the team not to rip apart.

If PJ was a viable option I’d have no problem with him starting Thing is, he’s never looked that impressive when he’s on the field. He has a live arm. But, he misses throws, makes bad reads, and throws INTs just like Darnold.

I’ll support whoever goes out behind center, including the practice squad guys. I just dont think they’d do any better. If anything I’d bet they do worse.

I’ll admit that I’d love to be proven wrong. If a guy came in to replace Sam and led us on a strong playoff run I think he’d be the toast of the Carolinas.

the kid is a backup, that an organization is trying to force into a starter. He belongs in the league, but not as a starter. He's upset because he realizes it too, but is a competitive person. imagine your the top dog and then you find out you aren't. He's paid amazingly but that's small comfort to someone who has always been used to winning. 

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

the kid is a backup, that an organization is trying to force into a starter. He belongs in the league, but not as a starter. He's upset because he realizes it too, but is a competitive person. imagine your the top dog and then you find out you aren't. He's paid amazingly but that's small comfort to someone who has always been used to winning. 

Good post. But, as the saying goes "adversity introduce a man to himself". How's he going to handle this? Is he tough enough to bounce back? Will this wretched performance make him put in the work to get better?

Back in the day there was an NFL franchise that had a QB with all the physical tools a QB could ask for. He was strong, could run, and had a canon for an arm. Unfortunately he made a bunch of bad decisions and threw a lot of interceptions like Sam Darnold. He was considered a "dumb" quarterback. He was a a detriment to the team in his early years.  The team had to had to rely on a formidable defense to keep them in games. He was booed by the fans. He even lost the starting job for awhile. Then, things fell into place. He fought through the tough times. He actually took the team to the playoffs....and the Super Bowl... the year he lost his starting job. He retired with 4 titles and a league MVP.

Anyone who has any knowledge of NFL history knows I'm talking about Terry Bradshaw. Jim Plunkett had a similar trajectory. Things look terrible right now. But, it did for those two quarterbacks as well. The kept their head up and became NFL legends. I'm not saying Darnold will doe the same, but I still think its too early to give up on him...at least this season. I would still like to see what he could do with a competent o-line.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Sam does appear to be deeply damaged and his time with the Panthers is only making the situation worse.  Not sure Sam can ever be fixed, but chances are even if he could, this isn't the organization to do it.

Exactly. Well said and so very true.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

This is the saddest picture of a nfl qb I’ve ever seen

qbs are supposed to be the Alphas. That’s not who he is 

I saw  it on tv and I thought, is he crying 

go home kid. Take your millions and just go home 

no crying in pro  football that others can see anyway 

Bro luke literally cried on live TV.

Get outta here with this "alpha" poo.

4 hours ago, SCO96 said:

Good post. But, as the saying goes "adversity introduce a man to himself". How's he going to handle this? Is he tough enough to bounce back? Will this wretched performance make him put in the work to get better?

Back in the day there was an NFL franchise that had a QB with all the physical tools a QB could ask for. He was strong, could run, and had a canon for an arm. Unfortunately he made a bunch of bad decisions and threw a lot of interceptions like Sam Darnold. He was considered a "dumb" quarterback. He was a a detriment to the team in his early years.  The team had to had to rely on a formidable defense to keep them in games. He was booed by the fans. He even lost the starting job for awhile. Then, things fell into place. He fought through the tough times. He actually took the team to the playoffs....and the Super Bowl... the year he lost his starting job. He retired with 4 titles and a league MVP.

Anyone who has any knowledge of NFL history knows I'm talking about Terry Bradshaw. Jim Plunkett had a similar trajectory. Things look terrible right now. But, it did for those two quarterbacks as well. The kept their head up and became NFL legends. I'm not saying Darnold will doe the same, but I still think its too early to give up on him...at least this season. I would still like to see what he could do with a competent o-line.

Totally agree and thats what seperates starters from backups. Talent gets you into the league, mental toughness and drive push you to the top. kid just doesnt seem to have it, maybe he can get there, im not sure. 

• Pie 1