• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prediction

Cdparr7

So I’m going out on a limb here but thinking back to 2006 when Delhomme had is mysterious thumb injury.

Rhule takes the easy outs; I’m willing to bet “Darnold played hurt and has to sit out a few weeks for it to heal” gives everyone a chance to see PJ/Morgan and an excuse for losing the games. They also have an out to bring Darnold back in if it gets too bad with those two.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I am not sure who they will play. PJ may provide a spark, but what if he is worse than Sam?

Here is the problem, they are still close to .500 and they will still play the person that gives them the best chance to win.

If Sam is not truly injured then I am afraid that they will still play him. 

There will be a thought all week going through the coaches head of, “Who gives us the best chance to win?”  
Sam must be doing something throughout the week that makes them feel that he is their best option.

When game day comes Sam just reverts back to some stupid reactionary state where he makes bad decisions in key situations.

It is a Catch 22.

1 minute ago, Monrowed said:

I am not sure who they will play. PJ may provide a spark, but what if he is worse than Sam?

Here is the problem, they are still close to .500 and they will still play the person that gives them the best chance to win.

If Sam is not truly injured then I am afraid that they will still play him. 

There will be a thought all week going through the coaches head of, “Who gives us the best chance to win?”  
Sam must be doing something throughout the week that makes them feel that he is their best option.

When game day comes Sam just reverts back to some stupid reactionary state where he makes bad decisions in key situations.

It is a Catch 22.

My theory on this before all the Sam badgers and defenders get here to start a war is:

Gase used to forbid Darnold from making checks. The NY media used to say that Darnold had no authority in the offense at all. I don’t think he knows how to make adjustments at the line. I think Brady just puts him out there like he actually has experience. In practice things are a bit more clear and execution driven. I just don’t think he knows what to do with his freedom and goes full turtle.

Today was a big shift. Difference in 20-22 in the draft vs. 10-13.  Now, proceed with the tanking.  

Seriously though, how the hell did we throw in a 2nd for Sam? Even with how poorly he's done, I could've taken a 3rd+2 mid rounders.  But a 2nd is tough to swallow given it could be a top-40 pick.

• Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

So I’m going out on a limb here but thinking back to 2006 when Delhomme had is mysterious thumb injury.

Rhule takes the easy outs; I’m willing to bet “Darnold played hurt and has to sit out a few weeks for it to heal” gives everyone a chance to see PJ/Morgan and an excuse for losing the games. They also have an out to bring Darnold back in if it gets too bad with those two.

Darnold isn’t the problem. He’s just part of the problem. Rhule, Brady and Tepper are the real Problem.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

I think Rhule looks out for Rhule.  It’s what coaches do.   And actually benching Sam is risky.  Because all it does highlights his piss poor job.   

I think he tries to buy some time.  He will try to get away with blaming the OL, Joe Brady and Sam for a little longer.   And trots Sam out there.   Road game next week so he is safe.  No boo birds and empty seats because of Sam.  Hope CMC can work some magic and take a 2 yard pass all the way to pump up Sam’s stock so he can trot him back out at home vs WFT

going to PJ is problematic because even PJ level play (which is bad) is what Sam is now.  And a decent game from a PJ tier player (which they can have) is better than what Sam is doing of late.  The PJ conversation is never about PJ being good enough to be the backup….it’s how PJ playing makes Sam look.  While PJ might turn it over, PJ easily can have games where the O moves better simply because of his downfield style.   In his one start, despite the bad red zone throws….the WRs had more yards than in any other game that year.   That’s problematic if you are Rhule.   PJ is at best a practice squad player and if he can push the call downfield and Sam can’t….well, everyone has to look at Matt Rhule.  He gave up picks for Sam.  

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

To be fair, Darnold should not have played. Dude was concussed and I don't know how the fug he passed the protocol. He should have been out this game, PJ probably would have moved the ball better. 

My son has been in the protocol 3 times.

You can definitely fake your way out of it if you're dead set on playing. 

For the record I never allowed my son to fake it.

6 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

To be fair, Darnold should not have played. Dude was concussed and I don't know how the fug he passed the protocol. He should have been out this game, PJ probably would have moved the ball better. 

Sam said he never had symptoms of a concussion in the presser and felt great all week in that regard. 

he did acknowledge he had an injury to his shoulder and didn’t want to get into that talk.   Think he competed 2 balls past 10 yards today and they both are like 13 or so yards downfield.    Decent odds Rhule played him hurt.  Not that the outcome would have been any different if healthy. 

• Beer 1