• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper: Stop the Stadium from Being Overran on a Constant Basis

Seltzer

7 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Tepper should cancel the PSL's for owners who sell their tickets consistently and buy them out.  It may be a short-term loss, but he should be worried about the current trajectory of the Panthers most loyal fans towards apathy.

LOL... you don't understand free market do you? You also must be confused it isn't Tepper reselling the tickets, this stadium has 60k PSL holders.

1) When you win, it brings fans to the stadium

2) There are fans of the AWAY team at every NFL stadium

3) Charlotte is like the EPICENTER of Transplant America

You don't hear people complaining when they get a $150 face ticket for $50 when the team stinks

This is a bad take

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

The wheels feel off when he bought the team. We're just tumbling down the mountain, now. 

I'm usually an optimist, but this feels like 2009 where we realized we had no QB and no hope...

I feel like we have at least another year in QB purgatory, and it's depressing as hell.

And there is no guarantee there is a Cam Newton waiting beyond the horizon.

Like I said, I can't snap my fingers and change the direction of this franchise, but I can't keep subjecting myself to the torture of watching this S-show live when the stadium is overran by the opposing team.

It's just an awful feeling all the way around, and it's not where I thought we would be at this point.  And it seems like it is going to get worse again before there's any hope of getting better.

11 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

This is my biggest request as a 16 season (and unfortunately counting) PSL holder.  Tepper needs to address this as soon as the season is over.

I hate the losing, full stop, but nothing has made me question my commitment to this team more than the stadium being taken over by opposing fans.

I'm tired of experiencing it, I'm tired of trying to bring my son into Panthers fandom with all of it, and I'm tired for all the loyal Panthers fans who have tried to stick by the team.

Another wasted season is bad enough... if I am going to have to suffer through this BS excuse for an offense, the least I can ask is to endure the humiliation amongst actual Panthers fans without having to have other fans gloat while I waste another day and several hundred dollars on what is proving to be a futile endeavor.

It's just adding a layer of embarrassment and humiliation that I can't continue to ignore...

Tepper is worth $14B+.  If he cares about this fan base, he will do something as soon as humanly possible, finances be damned.

I understand winning is the best thing for the fanbase, but in lieu of that (since "developing sustained success" evidently is a 5 year-plus plan), I need something from Tepper that lets me and the other loyal fans know he cares.

It's not even the money, although the financial commitment is significant.  I'm tired of pouring my heart and soul into supporting the team live when it seems like no one cares.

I'm not a blowhard who says I'm not going to watch (b/c I will), but I can't continue to waste my time and money and Sundays with my son on this nonsense.

I'm not spoiled enough to believe I deserve a win as a fan, but I do deserve a better stadium experience.  

If Tepper can't provide that, he should sell the team to someone who can.  

I'd rather have a half full stadium of Panthers fans than a 3/4 full stadium with 40+% opposing teams fans.  And that is honestly the case at this point.

It's absolutely out of control and is more demoralizing to me than anything else.

I can continue to be patient on this master plan, but not with the current disregard for PSL owners who want to support the team.

Tepper should cancel the PSL's for owners who sell their tickets consistently and buy them out.  It may be a short-term loss, but he should be worried about the current trajectory of the Panthers most loyal fans towards apathy.

It simply cannot continue like this if the Panthers want the support from the most committed fans.

End rant, but I know there are thousands of other PSL owners like me that have had enough of the BS.

I was listening over the TV, and it sounded like you had more Pats' fans than Panthers' fans. It was odd to say the least, but now I have a feel for what some of you must be enduring.

9 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

LOL... you don't understand free market do you? You also must be confused it isn't Tepper reselling the tickets, this stadium has 60k PSL holders.

1) When you win, it brings fans to the stadium

2) There are fans of the AWAY team at every NFL stadium

3) Charlotte is like the EPICENTER of Transplant America

You don't hear people complaining when they get a $150 face ticket for $50 when the team stinks

This is a bad take

I understand free markets perfectly well.  And Tepper can stick to that mantra, but he will have no fanbase left that actually is interesting in paying to watch the team live.

He has to decide what is worth more to him long-term.  Obviously, there will be pissed off people who won't be able to profit.  But revoking PSL's has been done and it should be done if he cares about the most loyal fans.

There have been thousands of PSL owners who have simply walked away.  I know b/c I'm there.  Tepper also has to know what a huge problem this is.

I don't care about the feelings of PSL owners who simply view this as an investment.  If Tepper really has no more concern for this team beyond that, he should sell the team.

If he does actually care about bringing a championship to the Carolinas and developing a culture worth a damn, he has to do something.

Not doing something is straight up malfeasance, and it is destroying the most loyal part of the fanbase.

The problem isn't the fans that are selling, it's that the team sucks. When the team is good you don't see this influx of visiting fans in the stadium because the PSL owners go to the games. In a bad year, they are trying to recoup their money by selling to whoever will pay the most, which is often a visiting team's fan who really wants to see their team in person.

The blame lies with Tepper but it's because he has fielded a shitty team for 4 straight years, thus forcing the fans away. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

16 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Exactly this. The amount of red in the stands today was ridiculous, I do not know how Tepper sleeps at night with this crap happening. Hopefully he does something about it quick if he truly cares about the team and city.

He sleeps on his $85m yacht in the Caribbean and doesn’t give a flying f*ck what his fun hobby the NFL team he bought does on the football field 

• Beer 1

Not even from a football perspective but getting rid of Cam put a fork in the next generation of Panthers fans. We have talent on this team and have always had talent but Cam is the first and always “public figure” we had on the team. He made the Panthers a national brand and made the younger generation want to be fans

on another note the gameday experience sucks and the parking/traffic is a nightmare. I live a mile from BoA and i sit in traffic for 30 minutes both ways. The stadium is in the middle of uptown and most people that live in uptown are not natives to the city or state and can just walk to the stadium and its just an easy weekend event for them and its super convenient for visiting fans to just get a hotel and walk to the stadium

get a new stadium and put it somewhere where fans actually have to make an effort to get there and it wont be like this. I lived in Arizona and watched the Cardinals have 20k fans every week at Arizona State and the minute they built a new stadium they were selling out every week even while they had a shitty team

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

The problem isn't the fans that are selling, it's that the team sucks. When the team is good you don't see this influx of visiting fans in the stadium because the PSL owners go to the games. In a bad year, they are trying to recoup their money by selling to whoever will pay the most, which is often a visiting team's fan who really wants to see their team in person.

The blame lies with Tepper but it's because he has fielded a shitty team for 4 straight years, thus forcing the fans away. 

I'm not disputing that winning is the ultimate cure for what ails this franchise.  But without a proven LT or QB, we are still a long ways away from winning.

And it's becoming a vicious cycle... the team sucks, fairweather fans sell, the experience sucks for the most loyal fans.

Like you said it has been 4+ years of this... I don't think Tepper has earned the right or latitude with fans to expect them to keep supporting this sinking ship cart blanche until they start winning.

Thousands of PSL owners have already walked away... there are a lot more of us on the precipice.

Just saying winning will cure all is quaint at this point.  And I mean that with no disrespect.

Winning is this ephemeral thing that this team simply can't capture and doesn't seem to be even close if we're being honest.

Something has to be done in the interim.